Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rosieperez11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2014, 06:10 PM
    What could be causing a slab leak in garage?
    Hi, I live in South Texas and its been raining a lot. My home is a new construction stucco townhouse with cinder block firewalls that are connected left and right to other townhomes. There is a slab leak in the garage and it seems to run under the tile. It is a slab concrete home. The walls and ceiling are dry. What could be causing this?
    donsor Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2014, 06:46 PM
    I suspect you have "hairline cracks" in your slab. If this condition still happens during dry weather and you happen to have fresh water lines imbedded in the slab and is/are leaking that could be the culprit. In any case watch out for molds and mildew.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leak at wall/floor in slab house when rains - window? Slab crack? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I have a slab house in Florida. I discovered that when it rains water comes in where the wall meets the floor. But there's a bit more - it's under the window, but also about a foot away from the window. The window has sliding panes, which I caulked shut. I also put a tarp over the window...

Water leak in slab, fix the leak or repipe in the attic? [ 1 Answers ]

My house is 60+ years old and I have discovered a water leak the in the slab. Because of the age of the house I'm concerned there will be more leaks to follow so I'm concerning re-piping through the attic. Any suggestions?

Leak under carpeted slab by bathroom door - does slab have to be ripped up? [ 2 Answers ]

Could the leak be caused from something else? There is no water on bathroom floor, but could it be the toilet seal? Or a clogged vent backing up water or sewer? Help, we don't have much money and need answers fast.

View more questions Search