Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123cjven Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2014, 11:20 AM
    No hot water in shower or bath tubs but plenty hot water every where else.
    Luke warm water in shower and bathtubs, but hot water everywhere else.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2014, 11:24 AM
    Looks like you have a bad cartridge or partial blockage in hot port of the faucet, please tell us the brand and the model number of your shower valve, we will tell you how to flush the debris out of the valve or change the faucet, Thanks.

John
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 25, 2014, 04:44 PM
    Hmmmm...

Is this a new issue or has this been an issue since you arrived in the home/apartment? If this is a new issue at more than one valve then I have to assume that you may have a small issue with your water heating device that doesn't show up at the household faucets, but does show up at the shower and tub/shower valves because all these valves have temperature limiting devices that are regulated to a safe range of approximately 112-115F... if an issue with the water heater popped up, you would definitely notice the issue at the shower valves first.

If this is an existing issue that has been present since you arrived in the home, then most likely the temperature limiting devices have been throttled down too low (or the water heater is not set high enough)... would need to check these.

If you can provide a name brand on the shower and/or tub/shower valves we can probably tell you how to adjust the temperature limiting devices... ;)

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in shower but plenty of hot water at sink! [ 14 Answers ]

undefinedundefined Two days ago, both of the showers in my home stop having hot water. I have very hot water in the sinks in the bathrooms. The shower doesn't get but lukewarm. One showe in the spin dial to adjust the temp and turn on the shower. The other is a spin dial for temp and has a facet...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

No hot water in shower but plenty of hot water at sink! [ 1 Answers ]

I have no hot water coming out shower:( was fine yesterday and today it went warm then freezin? I have hot water coming out bath and sinks fine although the kitchen one has gone a bit slow to let the hot through can you advise please? Its not electric shower and boiler is worcester? If that's how...

No hot water in shower but plenty of hot water at sink! [ 0 Answers ]

Help please! I just had shower cartridges replaced in both showers a month ago... In the past week one shower will not produce hot water.. lukewarm is as good as it gets. All other faucets produce hot water just fine. This was a single handle moen. Cartridge 1225B. I'm guessing by the response...

No hot water to bath or shower, but I get hot water to bathroom and kitchen sinks. [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting no hot water to my shower or bath but I get hot water in my sinks. I have a combi boiler which got installed about a year ago with all new pipe work. The bathroom got installed about 17 months ago with a mixer shower. I have had no problems until recently. I have seen comments on...

View more questions Search