Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deloreana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2014, 04:57 PM
    İmmigration problem because of expired visa and u.s. marriage
    Hi, I came to u.s as a tourist but got married with an u.s citizen on 21st March.We filled the forms on May.. When we received the mail from HomeLandSec. They made a typing mistake on my first name and we called them to correct.but when we were waiting for the mail, one day Home Land Security came to home on September 11 to find me because of my visa expired.. My visa expired on July.. I was not at home and I found at from my husband, they looked at our room and asked questions.we went to the federal office and they told me they are going to fill some forms.. first they told me they could not find me because there was a typing mistake on my name.. and I found at later that they questioned my husband by asking special questions..
    Anyway they made me sign some forms about I might be sent to my country.. also they informed me on documents I need to see immigration officer on each Tuesday of month starting from October, also I will go to the court which we still have not received a mail form court.. I just woud like to know what is waiting for me at court.. do I need a attorney? They gave a free attornety list but we could not reach non of them.. we can not effort a lawyer fee so we need help.Thank you in advance..
    Ebru
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 24, 2014, 06:33 PM
    Yes you need an attorney, you may be sent back to your Nation, because you did not come on proper visa to be married.
    May have to return and then request new visa

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help my visa has expired [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am from Slovakia my visa has expired in October 24 if I renew it will I be deported, no I do not have a job I live with family I have family members who are residents of the untied states. After that I need to get a green card someone help me please

I got a visit visa to dubai but I dd't ebter UAE on that visa and it expired now but [ 1 Answers ]

The sponcer did not clear visa from emigration. Meanwhile I lost my passport now I re issued and got new passport with new number.and I got another visa I am traveling uae on the new visa.but is there any problem to go this new visa and passport number with out clear the old one(but I dd't enter...

I'm on L1 Visa and my wife is on L2 visa. Our current visas/I-94 has expired. However [ 2 Answers ]

I'm on L1 Visa and my wife is on L2 visa. Our current visas/I-94 has expired. However we had already filed for an extension and it is pending with USCIS. I'm planning to apply for an ITIN for my wife. Will they reject her application because of the expiry date? Will they take into account the...

Expired visa [ 2 Answers ]

My visa expire in August is there any way to stay legally in the country? Does marriage is the only one way that can help to be in US ligaly? How that works? How long does it takes after wedding? Please any one who went through all that.

View more questions Search