Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    illinois1 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Sep 22, 2014, 09:14 PM
    Change flex duct to 6"; galvanize round Duct
    Its not a big job so I thought I could do it myself but first I want to know the proper procedure before I decide how to get it accomplished.

It seems to me if they would have run the duct in the cavity straight off the Plenum to the boots it would have made everything more efficient.

When they cut the holes in the Plenum its off to the side so they ran the flex duct angled below the joists and under a support beam. So you would have to drop down and use adjustable 90's elbows to get it to where the boots are located.

Would it be a better to put in two new take offs and run straight to the boots and cap the previous take offs? Or just deal with existing takeoffs and make it work?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2014, 04:00 PM
    A straight run is always preferable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it okay to use 8 inch flex duct for a cold air return line? [ 0 Answers ]

I am running heat and air to an existing room that was once an attached garage so it will have to run through the attic. I want to eliminate the wall heater and window air unit from the room.

Can flex duct be used for cold air return? [ 3 Answers ]

I have building out a wall in a bedroom to make a larger closet. The return is currently in the wall part of the wall that I need to tear out. Is it suitable to use flex duct to relocate the return to a different location?

Can I replace 12x8 cold air return duct with 12 inch flex duct in my basement? [ 2 Answers ]

I need head room in my basement and want to take down the old cold air return metal duct work 12x 8 and re-route to the plenum with 12"flex duct. Will this be a problem with the furnace working properly? Please advise

Round Flexible Duct [ 2 Answers ]

While renovating a condo bathroom, we removed the old rectangular sheet metal ductwork and replaced it with 4" insulated flexible to gain valuable ceiling space. The old diffuser was a 2-way 6x8. Is there such a thing as a 4" round to 6x8 adapter that would allow us to reuse this diffuser, or I am...

What size flex duct runs off a 5 ton air handler [ 5 Answers ]

Have a 5 ton air handler with a 4 ton condenser. Off my supply plenum I have 3-6", 1-9" and 1 10" flex runs I know they are too small. Will replaceing the 9 and 10" runs with 2-12" runs be enough so I don't restrick this handler

View more questions Search