Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mybad001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2014, 06:11 PM
    I need some advice about my puppy
    I have a 3 month old Pit Bull and he was doing great and had his shots but all of sudden he stopped eating and drinks water but vomits right after I know you heard it before but I don't have money to take him to a vet and I called so many to try and work out a payment plan but they all want money up front.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 22, 2014, 07:55 PM
    You ask for a payment plan with the vet. Most have care credit or some type of payment help. You need to be a responsible owner and get your puppy the help it needs.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 23, 2014, 02:48 AM
    Do they all insist on the full payment for the first visit? That's not unreasonable. In most businesses, setting up an account requires a "set up fee," which is included in the first exam costs.

Regardless of your financial situation, get him to a vet. You've been going at this backwards. Discuss payments with the clerk AFTER the pup is being taken care of.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 23, 2014, 07:46 PM
    I'm sorry but I'm going to be a bit harsh. You have a 3 month old puppy. Puppies need 3 sets of shots the first year of their life, spay/neuter, food, supplies, and money put aside for emergencies, it's not just the cost of the puppy.

This pup has been with you a month at most since it's illegal to re-home a dog before it's 8 weeks of age. How can you not have money for a vet?

There's absolutely nothing anyone online can do for your dog. We can't diagnose what's wrong online. It could be parvo, it could be a blockage, it could be many things. Only a vet can tell you what it is and treat it properly.

If you can't find a vet that's willing to take a first time customer on a payment plan (which is understandable, because you haven't formed a relationship with any vet), then your puppies best bet to live, is to give him up to the Humane Society. They'll give him the care he needs, and then re-home him.

Sorry, but that's all you can do. If you can't afford a vet, you either find a way to pay, or give up your pup. May sound harsh, but that's the way it is. You have to choose what you're willing to give up, the money, or the dog.

Good luck.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2014, 05:03 AM
    If you are located in Canada: https://www.petcard.ca/

If you are located in the US: Veterinary Financing | Healthcare Financing | CareCredit

This dog needs a vet. When you got a puppy you should realize they cost money. At 3 months this dog is not fully vaccinated so there are more visits in your future. Pets cost money. Please save up next time you get a dog...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice please.. My puppy is sick I'm worried [ 17 Answers ]

My doggie has threw up four times today, he is only 6 pounds, he is usually hyper, playing and eating. All day he has just been resting and refusing all food, he just seems like he doesn't feel good. It was like 6 hours since he had vomitied but I offered some water because I'm scared of him get...

Helpful advice needed for a sick puppy [ 67 Answers ]

I have had my puppy from day 1 I have his mom and brother, but he has not eat for 3 days he is throwing up and diarrhea for 2 days and won't drink. I think it might have been something he eat he is 12 weeks and mom and brother are good

New puppy advice? [ 7 Answers ]

We have just got a new puppy she is a west highland white terrier she is 10wks.we have noticed she eats her poo if we don't catch her quickly and ideas why this is

I need puppy advice! [ 4 Answers ]

Please help me! I am so frustrated and I love my boston terrier but his habits are beginning to seem like patterns, that I just can't understand. I was supposed to get him when he was 8 weeks old ( I think it would've been the proper age to get him potty trained.) I had told the pet store owner...

Need advice on housebreaking a puppy [ 2 Answers ]

My Chihuahua puppy is almost six months old. House breaking has been going pretty well until this week when he discovered how to lift his leg to urinate. Now he is going in the house instead of outside. I have confined him to the kitchen and he goes out every hour. I caught him in the act a few...

View more questions Search