Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sagnik2422 Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2014, 05:30 PM
    Fringe Benefits Question Cost Accounting Really lost
    Emma Green is employed by Northern Laboratories and is directly involved in preparing the company’s leading antibiotic drug. Emma’s basic wage rate is $22 per hour. The company pays its employees time and a half (i.e. 150%) for any work in excess of 40 hours per week. In addition, the Lab contributes $10/hour towards Emma’s fringe benefits. In the second week of September, Emma worked 47 hours, of which 3 hours were idle time due to the breakdown of lab equipment.

What is the total amount of wages and fringe benefits Emma worked earned in second week of September?

I was never taught this but it will be on an exam, please help me with steps,

All I can think is that fringe is indirect costs
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2014, 12:42 AM
    Yes Fringe benefits is an indirect overhead

So
    40 * 22
    7* 22 * 1.5

Fringe benefits are usually not paid on overtime

40 * 10

Idle time, assuming overtime hours are not idle time is an indirect cost and a dissection of wages paid

3* 22

I;m assuming your calculator works as well as mine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cost Accounting Question Need Help [ 1 Answers ]

Assume that more than one product is being sold in the following situation: Sales = $456,000 Variable Expenses = ? Fixed Expenses = ? Net Operating Income (loss) = $86,080 Contribution Margin ratio (percent) = 43% Required : Find Missing Amounts

Are payroll taxes overhead or fringe benefits? [ 1 Answers ]

Are payroll taxes paid by the employer considered a fringe benefit or part of the overhead?

Help! Cost Accounting question [ 0 Answers ]

LO.3 (Cost drivers) For each of the following cost pools in a temporary employment Agency, identify a cost driver and explain why it is appropriate. A. Accounts receivable department B. Payroll department C. Advertising cost D. Information technology E. Utilities F. Property taxes and...

Cost Accounting Introductory Question. [ 0 Answers ]

Beta Alpha Psi , the accounting honorary fraternity , help a homecoming party, The fraternity expected attendance of 80 person and prepared the following budget Room rental $ 150.00 Food $ 800.00 Entertainmet $ 600.00 Decoration $220.00 Total Budget $1770.00 After all the bills for the party...

Business Fringe Benefit Question [ 2 Answers ]

Question - I am an s-corp and would like to offer free gym membership to my employees as an employee benefit. How would that be classified on my books and what would the tax implication of that be?? Is that taxable income to my employees? Thank you for your advice.

View more questions Search