Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    collette purcel Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2014, 10:00 AM
    Urea levels
    Hi My urea level is 7.4, I am a Fitness instructor, finding it hard to get 3 litres of water in

How can I bring it down

Collette
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 22, 2014, 11:13 AM
    My god why are you drinking so much? The recommended high end is 2L.

How and what are you using to measure your urea level? Why do you think that 7.4 is a bad level?

Sep 23, 2014, 07:08 AM
    I was informed by a doctor to drink 3L, I can drink 2L, I only found about my urea level due to a routine health check and my blood taken

I Sweat a lot due to my exercise classes as well

Thank for your answer
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 23, 2014, 07:30 AM
    Looking up blood urea levels, I would say that you're about normal to low. I would get a second opinion from a different doctor. Because drinking that much water can be as dangerous as not drinking enough water. Due to osmotic pressure you could start leeching minerals and vitamins from your system.

Good luck. Drink only what you can and don't force yourself. Talk to a different doctor.

Sep 30, 2014, 06:26 AM
    Due to have another blood test for my urea levels tomorrow, what's the best thing to do to keep hydrated , bear in mind I am delivering exercise sessions throughout the day
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 30, 2014, 09:20 AM
    If you're thirsty or excercising then drink until your satiated. If you're exercising make sure that you're electrolytes have been restored. Don't over or under hydrate yourself. It's your body, you know it better than anyone else.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 30, 2014, 10:46 AM
    Rule of thumb is, when you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated, so that is when you top up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I reduce my blood urea & creatine levels? [ 1 Answers ]

My father is a patient of Multiple Myeloma & he has taken 5 cycles of chemotherapy.Now his urea & creatinine level has increased to 105 & 3.1 respectively.Please advise me the food chart that he should take to reduce the high levels of urea & creatinine .Please tell me about his diet to reduce the...

How to lower urea levels? [ 2 Answers ]

How to lower urea level

Urea creatinine levels [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My father has diabetes from last 20years, 9months back he was diagnoised on the following Hypertension Type2Diabetes Mellitus Diabetic Nephropathy (CKD) Retinopathy Neuropathy Asteatotic Dermatitis Now his Creatinine levels rose to 3.2 and urea is 140Mg. Diabetes is in control, BP is...

High blood urea and creatnine levels [ 1 Answers ]

My Father now 71 has undergone surgery of removal of Urinary Bladder in march 2009. An neo bladder pouch of intestine has been internally created to collect and pass urine. He was doing well till last month when suddenly his Blood urea level reached 170 and creatnine level to 7.8 Kindly adivice me...

View more questions Search