Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AJR21433 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2014, 05:41 PM
    Determining a roof height
    If a building is 30ft. Wide and has a 4/12 pitch roof, how high will it be to the peak of the roof?
    StacyLee15 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Sep 20, 2014, 05:50 PM
    Click Here

~♡~Hope I Helped~♡~
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 20, 2014, 05:53 PM
    4 x half the width, so 60" or 5'.
    That's to the outside, and that is if the roof is 30' wide. If there is an overhang, you need the width all they way across.
    (4 in 12 is a very low pitch.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proper height of stack vent through roof [ 6 Answers ]

Greetings, I am remodeling my house and have just finished roughing in a new bathroom. I am at the point now where I'm ready to extend the stack through the roof. I'm trying to figure out how high the stack needs to be. I seem to remember that the proper stack height was reached by using...

Plumbing vent height above sloped roof [ 6 Answers ]

How high should the plumbing vents be above there roof? I have a main vent and a sink vent and both are only 6" high above the roof. The slope is about 4" high for every 12" horizontal. Thanks John G.

Roof Height of toilet vent [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of adding a toilet to a former porch/pantry in an older home and was wondering if the toilet vent height needs to be at the highest point of the roof, or can I vent it through the roof of the porch/pantry. There are a number of windows on the second floor and I do not want to...

Height of roof vent [ 7 Answers ]

My mother ( does not live close to me) is complaining of a smell in her basement around the area where there is a basement sump pump to pump out water that may seep into the basement. There was a service person out today and they told her it was most likely because the roof vent was not high...

Peak height of roof [ 3 Answers ]

I want to make a roof for my shed that can use 4x8 sheets without cutting... the depth of the shed is 12 feet and if I lay the 4x8 sheets down flat the width of the sheets would be 16 feet deep,but that's toooooo flat and 2 feet of overhang on the front and back is too much(lol).. looking for a...

View more questions Search