Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    palmetto326 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Managerial accounting
    I have to creat a cookie shop and estimate the cost of materials, labor,and overhead to determine the cost of goods produced. I have no clue where to start. Please help
    DaQuick Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto326
    I have to creat a cookie shop and estimate the cost of materials, labor,and overhead to determine the cost of goods produced. I have no clue where to start. Please help
    You might want to start with the cost of the land and building, then browse online to see what you need for the cookie shop ( equipment), material to make cookies, how much are you going to pay your employees, and the utilities
    Hope I helped at least a little bit
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2007, 11:38 PM
    Forget the land and building, just look into renting, might be cheaper for this fictional business.

Save your money for all the equipment you need to buy (or rent)
    studentaccount Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto326
    look at a company that sells cookies like millies cookies (uk).. go past one of there stalls and see how many staff run it, look at the variety of cookies and what else they sell..

Hope this helps:

2 Staff Members
    8 Varieties of cookies (multiple other products = drinks, coffee etc etc)

Staff these days minimum wage in uk I think is £5.25 p/ hour

Machines required = Fridge, Oven, Storage for baked cookies, stock cupboard and ingrediatnts to make cookies...

Best bet is to research into a business up and running and analyse that...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Managerial accounting help [ 1 Answers ]

Big Brick Manufacturing produces basketballs used for indoor or outdoor games. The company has been having significant troubles over the past few years, as the number of competitors in the basketball market has increased dramatically. Recently, the company has been forced to cut back production, in...

Managerial Accounting [ 1 Answers ]

Randall Company is a merchandising company that sells a single product. The company’s inventories, production, and sales in units for the next three months have been forecasted as follows: October November December Beginning inventory…………… 10,000 10,000 10,000 Merchandise Purchases 60,000...

Managerial Accounting [ 0 Answers ]

Calculate the following variances: direct materials price variance, direct materials quantity variance, total direct materials cost variance, direct labor rate variance, direct labor time variance and total direct labor cost variance. Decide whether each variance is favorable or unfavorable. I...

View more questions Search