Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jamescold20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2014, 01:56 PM
    I am confused by a girl
    1 week ago I moved into a new house with 4 other students. The first night we all went out and one of the girls was drunk (as was I) and kept kissing my face. I kissed her face back, and not on the lips as I was not sure what it meant. We went home and sat on the Sofa watching TV before going to sleep. Everything was great, we had a little bonding over common interests.
    The second night she called one of our housemates, so we all left to pick her up. On the walk back she kept saying she was cold so we walked home with my arm around her, interlocking fingers. We ended up in her room talking, but other events transpired which interrupted our talk. We went to bed as it was like 5AM.
    That was the last time we talked, since then she has not said a single word to me during the day (She was always a bit shy when talking sober but this is different), even when I try and instigate a conversation all I get is one word replies. Often when I enter a room she leaves soon after, or picks up her phone (I'm assuming so I don't talk to her).
    What I want to know is what is going on?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2014, 02:00 PM
    If you are both old enough to be drinking... then you are both old enough you can talk to her and ask her what's up. Kids go out of their way to avoid the direct approach wasting weeks or months to avoid a simple question they can have an answer to in 30 seconds or less... adults do the mature thing and are more direct and ask what's wrong knowing they might get an answer they don't want to hear.

Now using some tact is implied when asking her.

Now you can see that alochol use and a spike in stupidity and inappropriate behaviour go hand in hand....for both genders.
    Jamescold20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2014, 02:02 PM
    I asked her if everything was OK and she said "Yeah". The reason I want outside opinions on the subject is if everything is in my head it will make for an awkward conversation and even more awkward year living in the house with her.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2014, 02:08 PM
    Opinions really mean little from people that don't know her. Different people behave differently in the same sittuations. (you could have ten people and every one of them will react differently than the others) And I've know many, many people in my life to base that observation on.

If you get an awakward answer to a simple direct question, without a lot of people around hearing it... then you can be assured you are stepping into an awkward situation before you find yourself waist deep in it. That's where the Tact comes in... its a sensitive topic... and its best asked without others around listening. You don't even have to be a shy person to be hesitant to say certain things in the presence of others depending on the situation.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 19, 2014, 02:10 PM
    She regrets her drunken actions and now she is sober, so she isn't really wanting you to think that a drunken encounter means a chance at romance or even interest.

Only a fool believes a drunk, or thinks drunken behavior is a sign of anything but being drunk. You will find out one day that drunks will do most anything and barely remember it later, or will regret what they do remember. Just wait until you wake up someday and find out that gorgeous creature you picked up last night was a dog with no teeth and a moustache.

Then you will understand what she has gone through with you because she was drunk.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 19, 2014, 05:52 PM
    She was drunk and now is embarrassed by her behavior. Just leave her alone. Neither of you know the other at all. Leave it be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about a girl. [ 11 Answers ]

So lets be frank, I got dumped in January of 2013. I was dating a girl for about 3 months (I know not to long) and I was starting to feel like I could really love her. We spent a-lot of time together, I knew her family, she knew mine. So la de da new year rolls around, and I get dumped. Don't know...

Confused girl falls in love with another girl. What now? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Lately, I've noticed that I felt attracted to another girl. I'm 16 and so is she. I know she is bisexual, and that she already had an girlfriend. I'm not gay, or bi, or straight. I'm confused. We are not close, but we have great chemistry. We see each other like once a week, and every time...

Confused about a girl! Need help [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I would like to say that this is all new to me I've never brought my life out in the open before but I been so confused as of late that it has come to this point! I've met a girl over the past few weeks and I'm really onto her! She's going through a divorce and has a baby with her...

I'm confused about the girl I'm seeing [ 12 Answers ]

Hey, and thanks for reading. I am talking to a girl, and I am so confused about what is going on. She is a girl in a town next to mine, and we started talking. Then we finally met, and hit it off pretty well. So, I asked her out on a date, which I still haven't got yet. I really like her, but she...

Confused about the girl I like! [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 16 she is 15 and we have been friends for a few months now, but a week or 2 ago when she told me she had sex with sum guy at a party, I realised how much I really liked her, since then we have become closer and we tell each other that we love each other and I heard off her friends she thinks...

View more questions Search