Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Mar 7, 2005, 01:04 PM
    Powersupplies die all the time and can lead to a wide range of problems. But unless it's a surge I've never seen a powersupply so bad that it will start the fans but not post. Dead supplies usually appear normal but when you try to put a load on them they can't keep up with the wattage demanded of them. I am glad you found the problem. This is the first time I've seen the powersupply this bad. Usually when powersupplies start to die, things start happening like blue screens in windows, certain drives not recognized, missing files reported by windows, etc.

Glad you're fixed.
    jern Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2005, 07:37 PM
    Thanks
    Hi, phr0ze, this is the first time I heard of dying power supply since I am a beginner (like dying car battery?). I did notice A: drive was hard to recognize earlier then just went out right before post went out. Thanks to let me know.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2005, 08:11 PM
    Well its not like a dying car battery but same idea, its just where the components that carry the current and convert it to be used to each device wears out of sorts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cmos + bios [ 1 Answers ]

I have an assignment on CMOS and BIOS that's near deadline. I'm scavaging through Google right now which is OK, just need more points to make the folio thicker. Any help/info appreciated.

BIOS/CMOS can find my second hard drive but Windows cannot [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I installed windows on a 1GB primary master hard drive and that is working fine. And now I am trying to attach a 40GB Seagate as a primary slave hard drive to put music and pictures and games and document etc on it. But the screen that first comes up when you press restart (not sure...

Purchasing a CMOS battery [ 2 Answers ]

I live in New Jersey and I need to purchase a coms battey for my Alienware sentia 244 laptop. It seems an easy thing to do however the end user is NOT able to purchase them. System builders only! The battery is a ML-1220 Maxell lithium Manganese Dioxide Rechargeable. Can anyone help? Thanks Ed....

Changing my Boot Screen [ 17 Answers ]

Hey, I just bought a computer with windows xp home edition installed on it. And I went on to the net the other day and checked out some new boot screens, and themes etc on www.themexp.org... when I downloaded the one I liked the download went fine and it was put into a temp file... but when I read...

View more questions Search