Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redtutu68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2014, 07:20 PM
    Can you mix medium blonde haircolor with a dark ash blonde
    My hair is currently dyed a yellowy blonde. Can I mix a dark ash blonde with a medium blonde to tone down the yellow?
    clairemsmith Posts: 122, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2014, 12:33 AM
    If you want your hair to have odd green tones, then yes :) But I don't think that's what you're looking for. If you have a blonde that is about the right level but just want to eliminate yellow tones, you need to use something with a violet base, not ash. Violet will cancel out yellow. A blue-based ash will create green (blue + yellow = green).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

From Jet black dyed hair to medium ash blonde [ 2 Answers ]

HI, My natural hair color was dark brown. I then dyed it jet black every month for about a year. After a year, I decided that I wanted medium ash blonde. I went to a PROFESSIONAL SALON with the best reputation in the area. He bleached my hair for about an hr. and then dyed it ash brown but...

Can I mix medium blonde with light brown [ 0 Answers ]

I was just wondering if it is possible to mix a medium ash blonde with a light ash brown? I have a bit of red in my hair now underneath and of course the whole top of my head, but now it's growing out and I know if I put a ash medium blonde it will turn red so I was wondering if I mix the 2 would...

Can I get my hair from medium brown to ash blonde quickly? [ 0 Answers ]

Currently my hair is medium brown, dyed. My natural hair colour is ash/champagne blonde and I really want to get it back to my natural colour. My hair has been bleached before but only with highlights, not all over and it turned out fine but that was years ago. Since then I've dyed it a couple...

I used the medium ash blonde but it is a little too gray (ashy) - what can I do? [ 0 Answers ]

I used the medium ash blonde - a little too gray (ashy). Can I do anything immediately to warm or golden it up a bit?

I had light blonde hair, dyed it medium blonde, it turned out very dark brown. WTD? [ 1 Answers ]

I have medium blonde hair naturally. It was light blonde, and my roots were grown out pretty bad, and I bought Wella 711N which is medium blonde, and I used a 10 volume developer. I left it on for 20 minutes, and it turned out pretty dark. I have been washing it with joy dish soap. I read that I...

View more questions Search