Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bernice 12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2014, 12:42 PM
    My boyfriend doesn't want the baby
    I am 30 years old and about 12 weeks pregnant and my boyfriend doesn't want the baby anymore. He has been putting so much pressure on me to get rid of the it but I don't want to. The problem is I am not at financially capable to take care of a child on my own for now. Am so lost please someone help me!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2014, 12:58 PM
    Part of the problem is having a baby BEFORE anyone even considered getting married. Misplaced Priorities.

You can't make him want it... but you can try to make him pay for it AFTER its born... but you will be raising it for many, many years. Probibly long after he's gone.

He can't make you get an abortion unless you want to, which you clearly don't want to do. But you can't make him want it or have anything to do with it, except pay child support once you get a support order from a court. You aren't married...so you can't even get alimony for yourself. I recomend working on finding a job to support yourself. My gut tells me he's not going to be around much longer to support you. Just a feeling I have. Seen this happen too many times.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 16, 2014, 01:07 PM
    Please consult with your best friends, and family, and even your doctor, for love support and wise advice. Few of us are ready for the trials and tribulations of having a child, and I assume its your first(?).

Lets forget what he wants for a moment and the money issues aside. What do YOU want? What happens if you decided to keep this child?

I only ask to gauge the strength of this relationship. It's a life changing decision you are faced with for sure.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2014, 02:49 PM
    Go with what you feel is best for you. If you want to have the baby, then make plans for that. Whether he wants to be around or not is up to him, and it will tell you just how invested in your relationship he really is. He will have to provide some financial support regardless.

He may change his mind at some point, it happens; sometimes not until the child is born, or he may not.

Your baby will always be your baby... he may not always be your boyfriend.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 16, 2014, 05:32 PM
    Look into all of your options. Don't forget about adoption if you feel you cannot take care of the baby on your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be mad that my boyfriend doesn't call and doesn't text me for days [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for 10 months and my boyfriend doesn't call me I have to call him first and then he will text me then won't text me for like 4 days I have comfronted him but all he says is "sorry he will change" and it makes me furious

My little baby boy doesn't sleep at all [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have 5 month old baby boy,he doesn't sleep more than 15 min during the whole day.Like from 9am till 10pm he sleep only for 15 min or max for an hour.At the end of each and everyday I feel very tired and weak .I need your help.what should I do??

I want another baby, but he doesn't! [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has children from his first marriage, when we got together. We now have 1 son. I am in my early thirties, and want more kids, but he keeps saying next year, next year. We are now three years down the line, and he keeps fobbing my off. He thinks by having more kids, it will make his other...

Baby doesn't like tummy time. [ 10 Answers ]

My son is just 3 months old and I am trying to get him to strengthen his neck muscles by putting him on his tummy on a daily basis but he will do it for like maybe 5 minutes then he starts crying he doesn't like it at all! I don't know what to do about this...

I want to have a baby but my fianc? Doesn't [ 7 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and my fiancé is 21. We have been together for 3 years now. We moved to a new city out of state and away from everyone we know only 2 years ago and I only have a few friends here. I get lonely. I love kids and have always wanted lots of kids when I got older. I dearly want to...

View more questions Search