Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chipdell2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2014, 06:45 AM
    Chip
    Basement sink has a sewer injector that is vented bank into the sink and I get a sewer smell should it be vented outside to get rid of the smell.
    Thanks,
    Chip
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2014, 07:10 AM
    Please explain "vented back to the sink". Is this a common vent? Ejector pumps are code required to have a dedicated vent to the outside.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 16, 2014, 07:21 AM
    I understand that you have vented back to the sink vent. That is incorrect. But the pit vent should be dedicated and ran outside. The reason for this is that when you drain your sink into the holding tank it expels and when the tank drains it told air back in. Run the holding tank then outside and the smell goes away. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chip In Cooktop? [ 2 Answers ]

Don't ask how but my wife put a fairly good size chip in the glass on our smooth top range. It's probably close to the diameter of a nickel and about 1/16 or so deep. Is this still safe to use or should I just replace the top now?

HYDRA chip, can it. [ 2 Answers ]

... help overcome the limits of GPUs combination? Good evening fellas. I would like to know if the HYDRA chip, reported to come first included on an upcoming MSI MoBo, can help to overcome the 4 GPUs limitation on both crossfire & SLI ? Im interested on this little chip, and the posible chance...

View more questions Search