Given :
    units sold = x
    Sales = $350,000
    Variable expenses = x
    fixed expenses = $162,000
    net op inc (loss) = (22,000)
    Contribution Margin Per Unit = $15

Find variable expenses and units sold

my work: I don't really know how to solve since the unit sales are unknown, and I tried 350,000 / x but I would have to set this equal to x and that won't make sense.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2014, 03:13 PM
    There is such a thing as over thinking a problem As in your other question start by calculating the contribution margin then divide by the contribution margin per unit
    sagnik2422 Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2014, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    There is such a thing as over thinking a problem As in your other question start by calculating the contribution margin then divide by the contribution margin per unit
    Yeah I defintely did that, I got the answer, I have another question I posted , please answer it! You are the ONLY one that really teaches me without giving an answer always , please keep helping I want to be a CPA and am working hard and commuting 2 hrs each way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to calculate bep in units sold? [ 1 Answers ]

What the formula to calculate the break even point in units sold for a company?

Managerial Accounting Variable Costing Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone please help with this question? Its not for a test but homework help for my online class. Its tough not being able to talk to instructor. I am not wanting the answers just trying to figure out how to solve this problem. Mainly the full costing and variable costing formulas is where its...

Managerial Accounting - equivalent units of production [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a bit confused because the example in the book has "work in process, beginning" for units, while this one doesn't. I would know how to do it with that information but it seems like it's missing that data. Am I looking at this question the wrong way? If anyone can find a similar example with...

View more questions Search