Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ALFC42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2014, 01:30 AM
    Partial bidding a division
    Hello,
    I am a sub contractor 1- man show pony and Ive never bid a commercial public works project. There is a job job in my area I would like to bid on the bathroom accessories and partitions, as well as the door panic hardware. Considering I've never bid like this and considering the size of the project, I don't understand how it works. Usually, for a private job or a home-owner repair, it's pretty straight forward. I'm a little intimidated on the whole commercial sub-bidding process to be honest.
    Will a GC even consider a bid if I only bid a sub division (08710) of Division (08 Openings)? Or is the general rule that a sub contractor needs to bid the entire scope of the division? Is this normal practice?
    I know when I worked for other sub contractors as an employee, we did all the doors, interior trim and hardware but as a 1-man crew, that's just not possible.
    Thanks in advance for any comments

Check out some similar questions!

Family division [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my father stays separately. My father left the house after my moms death and now he is living separately with his second wife and 5 year old girl. I ,my wife and my kid stay separately. My brother with his wife stays separately in bangalore. 1. I and father take care of one business. 2. My...

Property division [ 1 Answers ]

How do I freeze my ex-partners mortgage account?

Division problems [ 1 Answers ]

Mathematics how would you write this word problem of division? If I say 14 divided by 2, how woud you write this using the symbol of mathematics?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.