Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miladyjaniebabes Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2005, 08:40 PM
    Refrigerator problem
    Sorry I don't know where to post this I have not seen an appliance forum here.
    I have a GE double door refrigerator with ice maker and water dispenser it runs quite long and when it shuts down I hear this loud knocking sound. What could be the cause of this. I have cleaned it from behind and underneath many times
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2005, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by miladyjaniebabes
    Sorry I dont know where to post this i have not seen an appliance forum here.
    I have a GE double door refrigerator with ice maker and water dispenser it runs quite long and when it shuts down i hear this loud knocking sound. what could be the cause of this. I have cleaned it from behind and underneath many times
    Probably the water shutoff valve. If you can locate it might be it isn't the problem itself but might need tightening to wherever it is attached. Otherwise replacing it may be required. You might repost and address to "Labman" as he has expertise with these devices.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2005, 10:51 AM
    Is the noise when the water, or the refrigerator shuts off. If it is water, repost in the plumbing section where Speedball will find it. If it is the refrigerator, well mine does that too. I think when it shuts off, the compressor goes through a point where a slight unbalance reinforces itself, shaking it. Perhaps the compressor needs to be better fastened down.

I have always wondered if dogs ever learn they can jump up on the refrigerator and dispense ice and water themselves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Refrigerator Cooling Problem [ 12 Answers ]

Need Help on cooling issue. My maytag MSD2756AEW side by side is not cooling the refrigerator side. When I close the freezer side the cold air stops coming into the refrigerator side. There is no blockage in the crossover vent at the top. Anyone have advice on this? Thanks

Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a haier refigerator that the fan don't work model #is HTE10WNAWW. SERIAL# IS K2001000326. IS THAT A SOMETHING I COULD DO MYSELF OR HIRED A PRO. THANKS

Refrigerator [ 9 Answers ]

Is there a way to degrade/destroy a refrigerator to the point of replacement without any truly visible signs of sabotage? I know this sounds crazy, but I need a new refrigerator from the landlord.

Matag Refrigerator Cooling Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Need Help on Refrigerator cooling issue. My maytag MSB2554AR side by side is not cooling the refrigerator side. I have found that the back side of the freezer gets frosted up. I cleaned the coils in back and defrosted the freezer coils. After about t weeks I am running into the same problem. Any...

Refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

What actually happens to a refrigerator if it is laid on its side or back ? Is that a myth or does it ruin it?

View more questions Search