Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Andrew57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2014, 04:17 PM
    Best paint for fiberglass decking
    Exterior balconies have a fiberglass deck - 1 solid piece, as well as the stair treads
    They were original blue grey colour, but I want to change to cream color, so need to know what paint adheres well to fibreglass for high traffic area
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 11, 2014, 07:32 PM
    I assume you mean a composite deck. Different manufactures different composite materials to make their decking, but none are fiberglass. As far as I know none are praintable. There are no pours in the material and therefore the paint will not adhere very well. If it sticks at all, it will wear off very quickly under foot traffic.

With that said, Krylon makes a spray can that claims to adhere to plastic. I seriously doubt that it would stand up to foot traffic. I would certainly do a test area before using it on an entire deck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to paint a fiberglass front door [ 0 Answers ]

We had a fiberglass front door installed. It is already primed. I would like to know, how to prep the door, what kind of paint I should use, should the trim around the door be painted the same color as the door. We live in Florida and our outside exterior is stucco. Thank you

Fiberglass door paint? [ 4 Answers ]

New fiberglass door faces west; strong sun exposure. What paint should use to prevent peeling? Any other painting hints?

Diagonal decking [ 6 Answers ]

Ive got a 18 x 16 deck, Ive figured the decking already, but my question is does anyone here have a sure fire method of figuring decking when turned on a diagonal. thanks Eric

How do you paint a fiberglass tub [ 2 Answers ]

Is there an easy way to paint a fiberglass tub/shower?

View more questions Search