Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fmsgmtgdh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2014, 02:08 PM
    1997 Oakwood Manufactured Home Model 3508
    What was the TN law for requiring Water Vapor Shields/Barriers when this model was manufactured in 1997? Have seen a DW with the cheap wood siding look that has no water barrier between ext siding & the insulation for the int walls. People have a 1994 Oakwood with water barrier/shield have no problems;same type ext siding.?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2014, 01:53 PM
    That's almost 20 yrs. ago. Doubt there was a law regarding vapor barrier. You mention "interior walls"-did you mean exterior walls? Why insulate an interior wall.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 14, 2014, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mao641
    ... Why insulate an interior wall.
    OP wrote "between ext siding & the insulation for the int walls. " Obviously, interior walls don't have siding, so I think OP was referring to the portions of the exterior walls inside of the exterior siding. In other words, the portion of the wall interior to the siding.

I agree that it will be next-to-impossible to find what, if any, regulations may have existed some 20 years ago.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2014, 09:57 AM
    That was my thought too but thought I'd make sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1997 Oakwood Mobile Homes [ 1 Answers ]

What stype of wall studs are in a 1997 Oakwood Mobile Home (doublewide)?

Schematics for wiring of 1995 Oakwood mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Have a 1995 Oakwood mobile home hot water wiring is not working on hot water heater need to know where the cross over box is located. Need schematics of mobile home please help. Electrician needs this to run knew wire to hot water heater.

Oakwood mobile home electrical wiring schematics? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 1997 Oakwood Double Wide Mobile home that we have lost power to 1/2 of living area, all of master bedroom and all of master bathroom. Have checked all breakers and replaced the one that kept tripping that controls the rooms with no power, but when we reconnect power to the breaker is...

I have a 1999 single wide oakwood home I need a wiring diagram [ 2 Answers ]

My power isn't working in the spare bathroom

View more questions Search