Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulmars Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2014, 04:25 PM
    Im looking for the strongest concrete screws
    For outdoor humid, hot central Florida. Strong structural concrete screws.

Im attaching simposon H10S and LGT2 straps to my rafters and cinder block walls. Im using simpson screws to attach to the rafters, however simpson makes no outdoor concrete screws and has no suggestions. So, Im looking for the best reasonably priced outdoor concrete screws for use in central Florida.

Thanks,
    Pa?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 10, 2014, 04:28 PM
    These are available in stainless steel Order Tapcon Screws Today | ConcreteFasteners.com but I am not certain screwing into cement block will do much. I assume you are trying to add some hurricane strengthening but a cement block wall isn't much of an anchor point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the strongest way to bolt box steel to a concrete wall? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it better to bolt through both sides of the box or counter drill and bolt just the side flush to the wall?

I tried using a PAT and TAPCON screws to attach a bottom plate to the concrete floor [ 2 Answers ]

The PAT causes spalling for about a 1/4" and if it does go in will not hold. I tried using both 2 1/2" and 3" nails. The surface of the concrete seems brittle and the rest too hard. The nails will also bend in the concrete. The floor is about 5 years old. I tried using TAPCONS but they either...

What is the strongest belach cream [ 5 Answers ]

What is the strongest skin bleaching cream that one can buy over the counter that works fast?

What are the Strongest Lightening Agents? [ 6 Answers ]

Arbutin? Alpha Arbutin? Beta Arbutin? Methyl Arbutin? Benzyl Arbutin? Retin-A? Kojic Acid? Kojic Dipalmitate?

View more questions Search