Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chace_don_C Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2014, 10:34 PM
    My ex told me she didn't feel important what can I do to show her otherwise?.
    My ex broke up with me a week ago and we have been talking and such and something came up about how she didn't feel very important even though I did everything I could do to make her feel important cause she is very important to me... what more could I do to show her important she really is to me, I want her back really baddly and I really want her to see it... but I cant send her flowers or anything like that cause I don't have the information in order to do that (she just moved to a new house with her family) what else could I do :/
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2014, 04:52 AM
    SHe's an ex... so it no longer matters. Move on with your life... besides... you have no idea where she lives now anyway.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2014, 04:54 AM
    You left out so many details that it makes our job much more difficult. Like...

1) How long were you two a couple?
    2) Does she always cause drama?
    3) Have you actually met this person live and in living color or is this cyber dating?
    4) Have you considered the fact that she may just not want to date you anymore, cyber or otherwise?
    5) Etc.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 10, 2014, 05:30 AM
    Details would be nice, yes.

But, if you've already broken up, anything you could do now to make her feel important, won't last. Perhaps she hasn't even told you why she doesn't feel important?

Nothing you can do will fix it.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 10, 2014, 05:37 AM
    Is this the same girlfriend who was in a coma at the end of December?

You cannot make someone feel something that they don't already feel inside themselves. Anything you try to do to prove how you feel to her would be like trying to carry water in a bucket full of holes. She has to patch up the bucket and start filling it herself.

You need to understand that trying to do everything you can to prove how you feel or what you think can add to the insecurity because the more you do the more 'proof' the other person needs. It starts draining you and making you question if you are enough.

It is time to take care of yourself and let her take care of herself. Live your life, have fun with friends, meet new people...In general, heal.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 10, 2014, 08:24 AM
    The best a guy can do when he gets dumped is mourn his loss with acceptance, that no matter what he did/or does won't change the fact it's over and is final. It sucks because it hurts, and hurts because you cared.

Crying is allowed, and recommended, preferably with family or close friends.
    chace_don_C Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2014, 11:40 AM
    You guys suck.. wow :/ you really don't need that much detail... doesnt matter how long we were dating... all I'm asking for is what I could do... that was it all you had to do was give me ideas how hard is that... eather you know or you have no clue if not then don't answer :/
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 10, 2014, 11:58 AM
    Wow...you want help and then call people names because they don't tell you what you want to hear.

Ok, how is this...You said you can't send her flowers because she moved and you don't know her address. IF she was important to you, you would have known where she was going. Guess that answers that question.
    Aside from that, how are we to know what else you could do? We know nothing about you or what you did or tried to do. Nothing about her or what she's like.

I would ask some questions of you to try to give you a better answer but I wouldn't want to upset you.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2014, 12:07 PM
    I can see you have a way with people. Did you use this charm on her? Maybe that's your answer. Details help us understand what is actually going on. Without them, we are taking shots in the dark and honestly tell her I said to keep moving her life forward. And really, the fact she didn't tell you where she is moving is a sign she doesn't want to be around you anymore. It might just be your charm...

Quote Originally Posted by chace_don_C View Post
    You guys suck.. wow :/ you really don't need that much detail... doesnt matter how long we were dating... all I'm asking for is what I could do... that was it all you had to do was give me ideas how hard is that... eather you know or you have no clue if not then don't answer :/
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2014, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chace_don_C View Post

So wallow in your misery and self pity if you don't want to do what we have all learned the hard way. Learn this lesson the hard way if you want. No skin off our butts. We've all been there... but if you insist on wasting time doing it anyway... go for it, but why did you waste your time and ours asking for help if you don't want it.

Incidentally... Speaking for myself... YOU are the one that doesn't have a clue. How old are you anyway? Its clear you aren't very old.

Ever have two girlfriends die being hit by drunk drivers... ever have one girlfriend just disappear of the face of the planet leaving everything behind including her car and apartment? Well I have among the dozens I've dated...

No it doesn't matter how long you've been dating... if you were still dating then it really hasn't been that long. Its not like you've been married to each other for 20 or 30 years or more. She's an EX. Thats all that matters. An ex should always remain an ex.

What is the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do than my wife/girlfriend told leave me please my father didn't accept you [ 1 Answers ]

What can I do than my wife/girlfriend told leave me please my father don't accept u... but I know she loves me a lot... and cnt live without me.. my father falling tears last night and tell please don't do something wrond beta plezse... and she says OK papa I did... now please tell me what can I...

My gf/ex told me she felt tied up, and didn't want a serious relationship right now? [ 6 Answers ]

Me and her are both 20, we have been together for 11 months now until she broke up the relationship. At first she told me that she wanted to find herself and asked me for space. When I gave her that she would text me the next day saying that she missed me. A while ago she thought that I was getting...

When I was young I was hit by a car, my mother has always told me we didn' t win the [ 7 Answers ]

When I was young I was hit by a car, my mother has always told me we didn't win the settlement. I find that hard to believe. How can I find out if there was a settlement?

My Dad once told me that he didn't think I was his son. [ 2 Answers ]

I was camping with my Dad a few years ago when I was home from working overseas. We had spent the day exploring the local area and went to a local pub in the evening for a few drinks. When we returned to the camp site, we stayed up listening to music and playing cards. By this point were were...

My brother is being told he is a dad and didn't know it [ 1 Answers ]

My brother is 18 years old. A friend of mine told him that he was the father of her 4year old son. That would make him to be 14 and my friend to be 18 when they slept together. She wants him to take a dna test and then sign his rights over. If he does that then would he still have to pay child...

View more questions Search