Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MiriahS82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2014, 04:49 PM
    Broken bottom denture plate?
    I got a full set of , same day dentures back in 2011. Up until recently they have been pretty good to me. About two weeks ago I clenched my jaw and the bottom denture plate cracked. I got home and took them out just to have the crack, and pressure used trying to ease them out made them crack in half. Everything I found on line pretty much was 50/50 on using a home repair kit. My partner said we may as well super glue them. We did, this was on labor day weekend by the way, and no one could see me before Tuesday. So I was a little panicked and went with the first solution provided to me. It worked great at first but here I am still with no new denture, and the super glue isn't holding the two pieces together anymore. Okay so now here's my question. Would getting just the bottom plate replaced be okay? I don't really have the money for a whole new set right now. The dentist I'm seeing Monday called me this afternoon and explained that if I only get the bottom replaced and not the top, that my teeth won't line up. Would I notice the difference? Would it make things uncomfortable? Any information would be a big help really.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2014, 04:41 PM
    These questions are best answered by a health professional.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 10, 2014, 06:04 PM
    They can do, just a bottom plate, and make them line up.
    They take impressions of the bite.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Securing bottom plate to cement? [ 9 Answers ]

Puttin up drywall in my basement. Foundation is poured concrete with large brick walls, there is rigid insulation on the bricks that comes out 4" from the wall. The house was built in a bad spot and basically the water table is running right through. In the spring there are major water problems....

Is a water proof barrier required between the bottom plate and a concrete floor? [ 3 Answers ]

I am finishing my basement with wood studs on a concrete floor

I tried using a PAT and TAPCON screws to attach a bottom plate to the concrete floor [ 2 Answers ]

The PAT causes spalling for about a 1/4" and if it does go in will not hold. I tried using both 2 1/2" and 3" nails. The surface of the concrete seems brittle and the rest too hard. The nails will also bend in the concrete. The floor is about 5 years old. I tried using TAPCONS but they either...

Bottom Plate of Wall Rot [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Garage with the bottom plate (2x4 wall) rotted. I have an issue with water shedding on the backside of garage that I'm currently fixing with a couple of french drains. However the bottom plates of this wall has to be replaced. All the studs are exposed (No Rock) is there anything I can do...

Denture Problems (Bottom Plate)... [ 3 Answers ]

I have not been able to wear my bottom plate since I came home from the dentist 5 years ago. I have no problems with my top plate except for the fact that I have to use an adhesive every morning. I have tried using it with the bottom plate also but nothing works, I just can not get it to stay put!!...

View more questions Search