Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    comvet Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2014, 05:13 PM
    o.k. need to use a larger, deep socket to fit the diverter housing; but still need to know what type of screw will tap into the end of the stem, and be strong enough to put pressure on the socket, and without splitting the stem. Any ideas? Continued thanks for your interest in this, and help
    comvet
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2014, 05:25 PM
    Comvet,

You need bigger than 3/8" socket should be the size of the circle 3/4" or 1" may be the best shot, good luck

John
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2014, 05:31 PM
    Take the screw removed for the handle to a hard ware store ans ask for a stronger screw and longer with washers' good luck.

John

Sep 11, 2014, 05:40 PM
    Thanks, John. Will give this a shot before breaking the tile/wall.
    comvet
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2014, 06:00 PM
    Good Luck,

John

Sep 11, 2014, 07:07 PM
    The one issue is that there was no screw at the end of the stem - the handle for the diverter was a handle fitted to the slotted stem and held in place with a counter-sunk set screw in the handle. I will have to 'tap' the end of the stem.
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2014, 07:17 PM
    Now you may need to open the hole a little more to see if there is packing nut for the stem to be removed, also wait for some other experts to pop in and give theirs suggestions, good luck Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower w/o diverter. Will a diverter tub spout give me a shower and bath option? [ 4 Answers ]

Had k-t14776 and k-304-ks recently installed. Now I'm told I have no shower capability. Will purchasing a diverter tub spout give me options for both a shower and bath?

Moen shower H2O diverted to shower when diverter not pulled [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Moen shower with toe tester, when filling the tub, if I turn on the water to more than half of the full water pressure, the water starts to come out of the shower head as well as the spout without pulling the diverter. The diverter is still in the tub position. How can I fix this, and does...

Shower diverter [ 2 Answers ]

The little rubber washer is broken in my shower diverter, and it seems no stores have what I need. I have checked mednards, ace and Lowe's. I would like to know how to find the right part, what it is called and where to get one. I have looked online, but they do not look like the one out of my...

Shower diverter leaks into tub when turned to shower [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to replace my shower diverter valve since it leaks into the tub significantly when turned to the shower. It's a 3-knob system (hot, diverter, cold) and I don't know the brand. I've gotten the knob off, the surrounding piece off, and one nut off, but I'm not sure what to take off next...

View more questions Search