Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jen979 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2014, 11:43 AM
    Employee file Texas
    If requested, does former employer have to give me a copy of my employee file?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2014, 12:51 PM
    Basically No. You can request tax information, 401K but personnel files are not available unless required by law. As an EMPLOYEE, some states allow you to see and copy, some see only, some require you to go to their corporate office. As a FORMER employee, you are very restricted. Texas law does not require an employer to allow an employee to access his or her personnel file (exception: public employees may request copies of their personnel file documents under the Public Information Act).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 8, 2014, 08:38 PM
    They can give you some of the basic information, also, they can charge you for the copies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary paid employee from Texas [ 1 Answers ]

I work 50 plus hours every week for an automotive company here in Texas I get paid salary every week, my question is if the company doesn't offer any sick days or comp time and for whatever reason you miss a day of work can they doc your pay even though you are on "salary"?

How long does an employer have to pay an employee after termination in Texas? [ 2 Answers ]

How long does an employer have to get cobra insurance packets to an employee after termination?

View more questions Search