Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gary0721 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Household plumbing
    After flushing toilet, hot water tap runs cold a few minutes before warming again... water heater new... notice the "out" (hot) copper pipe on water heater turns cool and the intake (cold) copper pipe warms after such
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 7, 2007, 09:23 AM
    When you flush the toilet it causes a fluctuation in your water presssure for a moment. This alters the water coming into the heater, same for the water leaving the heater. Your heatyer has a dip tube that reaches down away from the incoming cold water to prevent this problem. Your dip tube may be broken inside the tank.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 7, 2007, 09:53 AM
    "someone suggested bad faucet (kitchen?) is causing "backflow" .

Looks like someone was correct. It's not "backflow" but a cross-connection in one of your single handled faucets that's giving you the grief. What you're going to hafta do is, one by one, shut the water off to each single handled faucet and give it a flush. Still running cold? Then that one's OK. Turn the water back on and move to the next one. Sooner or later you'll find one bthat the water doesn't run cold on. EUREKA! You've just located your culprit. Either repair it or replace it. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Head of Household [ 3 Answers ]

I have two clients who are partners. They each live in the same house, both on title, and both on the mortgage. Also, they have a rental property together. One of the partners has two children and wants to file head of household with two dependents. The HOH requirement is that the taxpayer...

Filing Head of Household, dependants? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the stipulation to file head of household, and I am full time student, with two daughters, the home is in jacks name and he makes the payments, I contribute no income. Can you claim the three of us?

Head of Household [ 1 Answers ]

Who can claim as "Head of Household".

Household cleaning [ 6 Answers ]

I'm looking for tips on cleaning certain parts of the house, firstly it would be the toilet now we live in an extreamly hard water area and keeping the loo clean is one hell of a task I use anti lime agents and you will often find me with my rubber gloves on scrubbing the heck outa the bowl. Same...

Head of the household status [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house in Jan 2006 as primary residence. My brother also lives there, but he doesn't pay any rent or expenses (not even for food). I was wondering if I could claim 'head of the household' status based on him? I claimed it last year when we lived in apartment, but he didn't work for the...

View more questions Search