Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jaym1946 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2014, 02:10 PM
    Why does my skin look tanned when I don't have a tan? I used to have pale skin.
    People keep telling me what a good tan I have but I am brown all over and used to have pale skin.
    I have had surgery for a partial shoulder implant and have not been in the sun this year. I take the following medications:
    AMOLODIPINE BESYLATE 5MG PER DAY
    CHLORTHALIDONE 25MG 1/2 per day
    LISINOPRIL 20Mg per day
    CARVEDILOL 6.25MG twice per day
    BUSPIRONE HCL 15MG twice per day
    BUPROPION HCL XL 300MG per day
    ALPRAZALAM xr 1MG per day
    ALENDRONATE sodium 70 mg every Sunday
    ASPIRIN 81 MG per day
    VITAMINS nature made FISH OIL 1000MG CONTAINS 300MG of Omega 3,SUPER B COMPLEX WITH VITAMIN C AND FOLIC ACID,VITAMIN E I.U 400, MULTI VITAMIN GUMMIES, VITAMIN D3 20000 I.U! Fiber gummies 5grams of fiber,Caltrate calcium and vitamin D3 containing 600mg of calcium and 800 IU D3
    Could any of the above be causing it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 4, 2014, 02:25 PM
    I would love to be able to tell you that, but considering what you are taking, there is a possibility that maybe one or two of them are but the only way is to ask your practitioner.

JKK, the president, always looked tanned. That was because he was taking medication for a liver disease.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 4, 2014, 02:30 PM
    JFK, not JKK, always looked tanned because he had Addison's Disease.

To the OP, is it just possible that this is your natural skin tone?
    Expert

Sep 5, 2014, 06:43 AM
    Yes, I know, JKK was a typo; and apologies, wrong organ, it is the kidneys that are effected.
    Expert

Sep 5, 2014, 06:46 AM
    It's the adrenal glands that are involved with Addison's Disease.

This is a good site that can be reviewed.

Addison's disease Definition - Diseases and Conditions - Mayo Clinic
    Expert

Sep 5, 2014, 10:17 AM
    Yes, and the adrenal glands sit on top of the kidneys, and if they are not working properly, either are the kidneys.
    Expert

Sep 6, 2014, 05:07 AM
    JKK, the president, always looked tanned. That was because he was taking medication for a liver disease.
    Yes, you are correct, the adrenal glands sit above the kidneys. If they are not functioning well, the kidneys would not be working well and would show high potassium levels and low sodium levels.

Liver issues would cause hyperbilirubinemia which would cause yellowing of the skin and scleras.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to get tanned skin back to normal color. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I found this site on a search I was doing on skin lightening/ whitening. I have read some of the posts and some of them have been very informative. I am a 24 year old female of hispanic origin. My skin tone, you could say, would be classified as an olive skin tone. However,...

Pale, Dull, and Dry Skin As a Result of Skin Lightening? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, My name is linksys2000. I am new to the "Ask Me Help Desk" forum, and site. Thanks for all of the information and perspectives. Somehow, this wealth of information leads to better decisions and ultimately thoughtful choices. So thanks to all of you for promoting this site and...

Best fake tan for really pale skin? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I was wondering what the best brand of fake tan was for getting a really light, natural looking tan on really ivory-white skin? I cannot emphasis how pale I am, I'm like one shade pinker than albino and there is basically no natural bronze or brown tones to my skin. I normally like...

Skin Lightening for Pale Skin [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I was wondering a few things. What would happen if someone that is extremely pale used skin lightner? Would it get rid of my redness? Scars? Freckles?

View more questions Search