Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emjay424 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2014, 05:55 PM
    Pricing floor jobs.
    Im trying to learn the best way of pricing strip and wax jobs. I have all the machines and equipment I need to start, finish and maintain jobs I will be getting licensed and bonded and I have experience but I NEVER priced a job on my own. Need to know the best way so I don't cheat myself. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2014, 01:00 AM
    Remember you will be paying taxes on your profit including self employment taxes.

You need to consider your overhead, travel cost and time to and from jobs, cost of all your insurance and license plus cost of repair to equipment.

Will you be hiring workers, that is another cost.

What and how, did the companies you used to work for, price the jobs?
    Emjay424 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2014, 05:30 AM
    I 99% of the jobs I will be solo. The company I worked for the sales people did all the pricing and paperwork. As a worker I never seen how they went about pricing. So I would like to know how to do the calculation of when I get the square footage time the price,(and what's the priceing) and add gas, toll and whatever else. Do I add the pads, mop heads, stipper and wax each job.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2014, 08:05 PM
    We can't price it for you, no one can answer that question. Big difference between NYC and Wetumpka, AL. Quite honestly, If you have no idea, you will have trouble pricing. You need some base to work from. Add up everything you need for the job-insurance and bonding?? all costs, add a profit factor, all taxes and then try to figure about how many square feet PER YEAR you will service. Start with that. If you are going to be a 1 man shop, you will only get small jobs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pricing painting jobs by sq ft ?can someone explain this [ 9 Answers ]

I was trying to figure out pricing by the sq ft for painting some one told me to Do this but I don't understand it and by doing this how much would I be charging By the sq ft they said to times the sq ft by 3.5 and that by .40 and that would be the price If anyone understands this please...

Pricing interior painting jobs [ 2 Answers ]

Over the years I just bid small paint jobs based on what I figure it was worth to me but now I'm going to do contracting so what formula do I use? Karl

Pricing commercial cleaning jobs [ 2 Answers ]

I am starting a commercial cleaning business and to know how to price out the different jobs that come with the business. Please help.THANKS

Pricing jobs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am currently thinking about starting my own office cleaning business. But I don't know how to go about pricing jobs. Has anyone got any experience or advice in that field. I would appreciate any help if you can thank you.

Pricing jobs [ 1 Answers ]

I've just about started up in business and was wondering does anybody know how to go about the pricing side for cleaning offices pubs/clubs etc I don't want to phone around any of my competitives as I find it to be nerve racking and they ask to many questions so please any help on this would be...

View more questions Search