Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kittycatchloee Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2014, 07:46 PM
    What's this dance move called?
    Okay so I'm a dancer and in a routine we have to do this dance move. Basically you start on your knees and push into a backbend from that. Do you know what it's called? Thanks!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 2, 2014, 07:50 PM
    Dare I say it?....Ask your dance instructor that gave you the routine.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Oct 9, 2014, 11:04 AM
    Possibly a Turkish backbend (Turkish drop?) Is this for belly dancing?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 9, 2014, 01:02 PM
    That isn't a dance move, but it isn't any belly dancing move I have ever seen because I do belly dancing for exercise. In fact, if I ever did that I wouldn't be able to get off my knees !
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Oct 9, 2014, 02:45 PM
    This is the move I thought the op might be talking about - maybe I'm calling it the wrong thing? I thought it was called a Turkish backbend, but I saw the term 'Turkish drop' as well...
    http://brittabandit.files.wordpress....urkishdrop.jpg
    [COLOR=#0066cc]http://www.neareastdance.com/photos/...kbendParis.jpg[/COLOR]
    CarolineLucas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2015, 06:24 AM
    [FONT=DejaVu Serif, serif]Yes, I think odinn7 is right. Your routine dance instructor should answer that. Anyways, according to the description you gave, it looks to me as a spot on rachel brice turkish drop. Whoa![/FONT]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am looking for a record or preferably a CD called Dolly Dance [ 0 Answers ]

The words are: I have a dolly just this high with golden hair and big brown eyes. She can sing and she can talk and this is the way my dolly walks. It is a song used in children dance classes such as a ballet class or children's movement class. It is an old song.

Who sings that dance song and what's it called? [ 0 Answers ]

I have only seen the music video once but in it there's a man who meets up with a girl at a hotel (I think) and they spend the day together, make out a lot and then they end up at the hotel and then he leaves and runs off to meet another women.

I Need To Know What This Dance Song Is Called [ 1 Answers ]

Hey :) It's because I heard this song a while back on the radio , and now I can't seem to get it out of my head. It was a dance song , it was a woman singing.. and it goes a little something like this : in the night going to make it right , in the night going to feel your love.. I know it's...

View more questions Search