Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4petesake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Executor Of Trust Role
    I have been asked to be an executor of a trust and I am not a family member. What should I have to know before I act as an executor of a trust?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2007, 07:14 AM
    That no matter what you do, one side of the family will always think you are misusing some of the funds from the estate and that you will never make them all happy.

I would have all the terms and duties spelled out exactly in writing, I would have any payments you are to receive also spelled out in writing

And I would keep perfect records and accounting to the penny of any and all things done relating to the trust.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

Rights of executor of trust [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I moved into my parents house to care for them under the agreement that we were buying the house from the date we moved in (Aug 2002). My father passed in 2003 and we have paid ALL bills, taken care of my mother since, even building a separate mother in law apartment for her. The...

Family Trust, executor or administrator [ 3 Answers ]

Family trust consists of wheat land and the income from same. Are there reports, statement of income or other such paper work required for the administrator/executor to produce on a yearly basis to the heirs of the trust other than just writing a check (cash flow) each year along with tax filing...

Executor of estate/trust [ 3 Answers ]

My father passed away recently. My mother has survived him but she is incapacitated. I am the executor of their estate/trust. It is a sizable estate and I would like to gift funds to my brothers and their families. My father appointed my mother as his power of attorney and never updated it. ...

Role of Women [ 61 Answers ]

Do you believe God really intended for women to carry attaché cases and drive BMWs to work? Are they fulfilling the mission God designed them for by doing this?

View more questions Search