Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kurt-o Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2014, 10:19 AM
    Why is only one bulb working in my ceiling light
    When there is one bulb in either socket of my ceiling light the socket works but if there are bubs in both sockets only one works
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2014, 12:29 PM
    Sounds like a loose wire or bad light socket. Try switching bulbs when both installed. Ceiling lights, because of heat buildup, easily overheat the center contact and it flattens out, not making contact with the bulb base.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help changing a bulb in ceiling fan: bulb is out, fan is working, new bulb not [ 1 Answers ]

Hampton Bay Nassau 52 in. Indoor/Outdoor Natural Iron Ceiling Fan Model # 58020 Hey there, trying to replace the bulb for this model and had no problem getting it out and the fan still operates,...

Put a bulb converter on light bulb for fan light and now the light doesn't work [ 1 Answers ]

I put a light bulb converter on a ceiling fan light to get more light and now it doesn't work. Fan works fine

One light in my track light doesn't work. I have replaced the bulb,still not working [ 4 Answers ]

I have a track light of three mini-floods. (not sure what brand.) I have replaced bulbs before. Now, one end light (never been replaced) is not working. I put a new bulb in, and it still won't work. I have made sure that the connection is still there, and that the individual on/off switch on...

Light bulb in ceiling fan not working [ 3 Answers ]

We have a ceiling fan with a light fixture in a bedroom, I think it is a Hunter fan. There was a shorting noise and the light no longer worked. I replaced the pull switch because that has happened before. When that did not work, I what the bulb mounts into. That also did not work. I tested the...

Ceiling fan light bulb [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 4 light ceiling fan in which one light constantly burns out. When a new bulb is replace it burns out repeatedly. What might cause this constant burn out?

View more questions Search