Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brendanmunson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2014, 10:14 AM
    Jacuzzi jets not functioning... GFCI issue?
    I recently moved into a house with a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom and the jets aren't working. There is a faceless GFCI in the wall by the tub that shows a red light that can be turned off when resetting that particular GFCI. There is also another standard GFCI outlet near the counter (to plug in hairdryers, etc.) that appears to be broken--not only does nothing work when plugged into this outlet regardless of whether its reset, but the rest button is actually physically damaged.

I'm wondering if the jacuzzi jets not working could be related to this other damaged GFCI outlet, and if so, is it possible that simply replacing the broken GFCI outlet could fix all my troubles.

FYI - the circuit breaker (which is in the basement) checks out, so I know that's not the issue.

Thanks for your help
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2014, 12:20 PM
    The red light would indicate a bad or no power GFCI. What is a "Faceless" GFCI?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gfci wiring and bathroom switch controlling the power on and off to gfci plug. [ 3 Answers ]

I got a concern caused by my brother in law, I have had to perform a bathroom reno and needed to upgrade the wall switches and install a gfci plug, well all wiring was OK till after the drywall went up and now, no power to vanity light(power is on wire as it goes through attic, nothing comes up at...

GFCI issue [ 5 Answers ]

I have been replacing all of the outlets and light switches in our cottage. Cannot get one GFCI wired properly. There are two black and two white wires with a ground. My tester shows that one black wire is hot. After no success with the GFCI (and a replacement just in case the GFCI itself was...

What play do the jets use on the jets uncorked wine bottle [ 0 Answers ]

What play do the jets use on the jets uncorked wine bottle

When adding a GFCI disconnect for hottub, should I replace GFCI in service panel? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a hottub now but without a disconnect. Its simply a 6/3-50 amp wire that runs from the hottub to a 50amp GFCI inside the house main service panel. I want to install a disconnect 5-10 feet from the hottub. I bought a disconnect box that already has a GFCI inside of it. Should I have bought...

View more questions Search