Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NixB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2014, 10:28 AM
    Master valve=on & all stations=off, where does water flow stop?
    We are trying to trace a leak and know it is between the pump outlet and a solenoid valve that operates a station. To help with knowing where to look for the leak, I need to understand how the controller works. If the master valve of the TOTAL CONTROL controller is on and all the stations are off, where is the flow of water being stopped--at each solenoid valve in the system or at the controller master valve?

We have a cistern from which we pump water for garden irrigation. The cistern and pump do not leak; we have proven this with leak tests. Water also does not leak when we turn on the pump but no one is irrigating. However, after one of the homes irrigates, water disappears slowly out of the cistern. Three of the homes are downhill from the pump and this can cause water to siphon out if the pump stops running and the station is still on.

Check out some similar questions!

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 1 Answers ]

This may be old, But I'm having the same problem now, so I don't see the issue with new info being posted to old posts... these are problems that happen all the time.

Water wheel torque & flow rate [ 0 Answers ]

I really hope someone can take the time to help me with this odd query. I have be offered a large cider milling stone (approx. mass = 2,000,000g & r = 1.5m). I would like to put the stone back into use (only utilized seasonally) and ideally harness water power as the driving force. My hope is...

Knock & Flow Stop at Hot Water only to Kit. Sink & D/W [ 3 Answers ]

At our kitchen sink we have a problem with the hot water flow. When the hot water is turned on full (a mixing faucet) either immediately or shortly after the water comes to a full stop simultaneously there is a knock. The water does not begin flowing until you turn off the water altogether. ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.