Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erichome Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 05:43 AM
    Can I fill 1040NR return
    I am a Chinese working for a US company in China. My boss sent me to US participating a R&D project for 10 months in 2006 with L-1 visa and I finished my business trip to go back China at the end of 2006. I research US tax law. It seems I need file Dual-Status return in 2006 because I stayed in US more than 183 days for my business trip. However, there is tax treaty between China-US. My friend told me by treaty tie-breaker, I can still fill 1040NR instead of Dual-Status. Is he right?:)
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Probably, because you have maintained a closer connection to China than to the U.S.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should we fill out 1040NR or 1040 [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I have been staying US over 5 years and our status is still F1. I'm confused by a few questions. 1) Should we use 1040NR or 1040 form to claim federal tax return? 2) Can we fill out the form jointly? 3) In addition to 1040 or 1040NR, is there any other form necessary to...

How I can fill tax return wihtout my wife ITIN # and show her at my tax return [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a h1 visa holder living New York and my wife joined with me she has h4 visa When I fill this year tax return I want to get benefit how I can get ITIN # for her Yes I know about W-7 form but it's very confision Give me some info please step by step Thanks

Fill 1040NR or 1040EZ [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Myhusband has a visa L1 and I have a visa L2 and an autorization to work, but I don't work because I didn't find anything yet. I would like to know which Tax form I have to fill. Is it 1040NR or 1040EZ ? Do I fill a form for my husband and one for me, or do I fill only one for both of us...

Return on Assets & Return on Equity [ 1 Answers ]

Question... Lily Cosmetics has annual sales of $500,000,000. They maintain a net after tax profit margin of 5% and they have a sales-to-assets ratio of 4. A) What is the Return on assets? B) If the debt/equity ratio is 0.5, what is the Return on Equity?

H1B Should fill 1040 or 1040NR [ 1 Answers ]

Folks, I know many people have asked this question a number of times. I am on H1B for the whole of 2005 and have been working in the US. I wanted to fill in my tax papers myself online. But Turbotax etc don't have the 1040NR form. All they offer is 1040 or 1040EZ. Can I fill in the 1040NR even...

View more questions Search