Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacob3048 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2014, 05:18 PM
    The pull chain light switch in my ceiling fan has four wires. One is brown?
    I need to know what the brown wire is for.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Aug 31, 2014, 08:18 AM
    Do you think you might give us some more information? Such as the make and model of the fan? Is it a three speed fan?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New pull chain switch for ceiling fan light [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I just purchased a new pull chain switch for my ceiling fan light. The lead wires coming down are white and blue. The wires on the new switch are black, blue and red. Normally these are simple installs but I need help on how to wire these due to the different colors. Thanks!

Connect ceiling fan wires to ZE268S6 pull chain switch [ 2 Answers ]

I ordered a new pull chain switch from Hunter and I want to install it myself. It's configured a bit differently than the original. The switch has 4 slots on the side like the original (Well Tec) and also 4 small round holes on the top. Can someone tell me where and how to connect the fan...

How do I connect the wires on a new pull chain switch on a ceiling fan? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Heritage Model H42UL (05 2001) ceiling fan that had the fan switch removed before I acquired the fan. Wire colors for the switch are Black, Orange, & from the capacitor, Yellow & Purple. Which wire goes to which slot on a new switch?

Ceiling fan pull chain switch with 6 wires [ 3 Answers ]

Our ceiling fan switch clicks but the fan does not go on. When I opened the housing, I saw that there was 6 wires, 2 of which were white. One of the white wire was not connected, it could have caused the fan to stop working (?). I do not know where this white wire should be connected to as all...

My ceiling fan pull chain switch for the light [ 1 Answers ]

My chain broke off in the switch, it has an L 1 2 3 on the switch with 3 wires, #1 is a blue wire, #2 is a black wire and #3 is a red wire. I don't know what the numbers mean, unless it's a 3-way switch for 3-way bulbs, I don't care about the 3-way stuff, I just want off & on. Our local Wal Mart...

View more questions Search