Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ES LLC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2014, 01:23 PM
    Employee back ground check limitations in Oregon
    How far back must an employer go back with a background check, when working in the field of helping people with disabilities?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 30, 2014, 02:04 PM
    Must? There is no requirement per se.
    What matters is the type of employer, if gov't or private. And gov't agencies may vary, so you need to ask anonymously. Private can go back as far as they are willing to pay for. Most applications show a time limit, such as 'have you been convicted of a crime in the last 5 years.' And some say felony, so that you don't have to mention misdemeanors.
    Basically there is no set answer, and you have to tell the truth if there is no time limit. If you are helping people on medication, that puts you in a category that will rule out anyone with a record.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Back ground check [ 3 Answers ]

I just got out of college and I'm waiting for employement calls. But I got charged in a federal case a few months before that.In CANADA! Will that show up on an employers background check if I'm still waiting for trial Thanks

So Im fixing to move to Pennsylvania and I am from Texas, I have a state jail felony charge for procession of a controlled substance under a gram, If I was to get a job up there and they ran my background check would my felony from Texas show up in Pennsylvania? As of, right now, I am running out...

Back Ground Check! [ 4 Answers ]

14 years ago I was convicted of a Felony with the Federal government on a possession and attempt to distribute charge; I was sentence and released 11 years ago. Since then I have never gotten in trouble again and I have been an outstanding citizen in society, I learned sales in the Fashion business...

I was offered a job with the los angeles school board as a facility tech asst. I have a attempted robbery from 1993. Will this affect me getting the job

Back ground check [ 5 Answers ]

I got hired at a Daycare center. I need to submit a back ground check. I got arrest for shop lifting and now I am on probation. Will that show up on my back ground check I am in California?

View more questions Search