Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blajohnybla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2014, 12:50 AM
    Lost Soulmate?
    I'm a 16 year-old boy and one year ago I met at a party a girl who was one year older then me. Blonde, feminine, nice with a smile that makes the sun look depressed. We talked all the time and I liked her from the first moment I saw her, and I guess she liked me too, because she smiled at me a lot, we were always together and alone, even though her sister and one of the brothers were there. Unfortunately she left 2 weeks after the party, back to USA. Her brother is friend with me on Facebook, but I never met him in reality and he's 20, starting his military career, so I feel scared to ask him and anyway it seems awkward to message him (anyway if you think it's worth the risk, tell me).
    I think back at it and I consider myself such a fool that I didn't ask her for her phone number or email. I like her a lot and I don't want to give up on meeting her again, but I don't know what I should do for that to happen. I need some advice!

PS: She doesn't have a Facebook. (I asked her at the party and checked also).

Thank you in advance!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 28, 2014, 05:10 AM
    You are both young, and both worlds away from each other. Busy lives, and constantly changing plans for the future. My advice is twofold: continue to think of her as a friend and even a soulmate (although 2 weeks isn't enough time to qualify), not as lost. No one is ever lost because they are in your heart and more importantly, they become part of who you are as you mature.
    Second, don't wear yourself out trying to find her, but do keep in touch with her brother on Facebook. Message him privately that you hope you can keep in touch especially because of her (it's OK to be truthful about that!)

I'm 67. Thanks to Facebook, I have connected with people from 50 years ago or more, people I never thought I would hear from again. You are fortunate. As for soulmates, you will have more of them. Don't close your heart to them in some sort of allegiance to her! If she's as sunny as you say, she has tons of friends, and several soulmates, and the odds of her pining away for you are zero, because she would have made sure she had some way to keep in touch.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2014, 05:17 AM
    You're 16. You don't have a clue what a soulmate is yet... much less know who yuors will be. And person of the opposite sex that shows any interest will seem like the greatest thing ever. The good thing is we all learn that the only way to know what a GOOD relationship is , is by having at least a few bad ones. And it takes having several relationships to compare to each other to see what a bad one is as well.

Its also a HUGE waste of time and energy to pursue any relationship with anyone that you can't sit next to or across the table from at a local restaurant.

Its fine to have "friends" online... but its really dumb to pretend to have "long distance relationships" because all that happens is you miss out on real ones you could have had and everything that goes with it including the opportunity to learn from them.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2014, 05:38 AM
    "nice with a smile that makes the sun look depressed." Awwwww so cute. With thoughts and feelings like those you are not going to have a problem with the ladies.

I agree with Joy - don't spend time looking for her. You will only torture yourself and plus you can't be together anyway.

Next time you meet someone don't complete jump in hook, line, and sinker. Let the relationship develop first before you think "this is the one." Love doesn't happen overnight.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 28, 2014, 09:51 AM
    You poor young hopeless romantic. Savor your fantasy, but live in reality. I can understand being smitten by chance meetings, and the what ifs that follow. Especially at 16. If you are lucky, this is the first of many such events that will tease your imagination over and over all your life.

Its not a bad thing at all as long as you don't get carried away by those feelings, and lose track of living your life, and missing many fantastic opportunities you will experience. Just keep living. You will know what to do when its really real.

Feels good to dream for a while though I know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have I lost my soulmate? [ 5 Answers ]

When I was 15 I met the girl of my dreams, we were together for 3 years, during that time I messed up a lot, got in a lot of trouble. I was so young that I did not know how lucky I was to have that girl.. So we fought a lot (mostly I started them, or did something that started them.. Fooling...

Soulmate or.. [ 1 Answers ]

I loved before and what I think or some one specilalist in studying the soulmate said that the man who I loved is my soulmate but we can establish our relation on this earth This man was already married so because he is responsible man , he chose to be with his wife and his daughter also he love...

Why do I think someone else is my soulmate? [ 21 Answers ]

This question is going to take me a loooooong time to ask and explain. I will try very hard to simplify. I am afraid that I already know what most of you will say, but here goes... 10 years ago or so in high school I was on again/off again with this guy I- I will call him Ben... he and I had...

Is he my soulmate? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Im starting my hello since I'm a new person here. Its very nice to have someone to get some of my energy to. Thanks for being here and I hope that you will be able to help me. First of all I wanted to tell you that I think I met my soulmate. Well I believe in many different kinds of soulmates...

Lost my Soulmate [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 28 and have been in several long relationships. Never rushed anything or jumped to any conclusions, assumed anything. Just a little background before everyone thinks I am f*** crazy. My ex and I broke up almost two months ago. We were together for seven months, engaged for the last two. This...

View more questions Search