Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TSpiggliot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2014, 04:33 PM
    What is the temperature of a residential doorbell?
    I have a FLIR Infrared camera. I used it on a residential doorbell that was hot to the touch. It reads between 122 to 130 degrees. Is this a problem? Should the home owner be concerned? Thank you
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2014, 06:49 PM
    The chime or the pushbutton? Some older chime models have 18-24 VAC transformer in them. It is probably the transformer wirings. Newer ones sometimes tap off the thermostat windings on the transformer or are wireless. Illuminated pushbuttons probably get that hot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doorbell [ 2 Answers ]

Can I buy a doorbell that is not lighted and does not glow in the dark?

Fahrenheit temperature as a function of Celsius temperature [ 9 Answers ]

Given that the relationship between the two temperature scales is linear, use the facts that water freezes at 0 degrees C and 32 degrees F and boils at 100 degrees C and 212 degrees F to DERIVE a formula to express Fahrenheit temperature as a function of Celsius temperature. Show the derivation of...

Doorbell [ 2 Answers ]

My nieghbours doorbell goes off when any type of remote is used i.e. car,garage door etc,how Do I fix it .By the way it is a doorman wireless bell

Temperature increases even after reaching programmed temperature [ 3 Answers ]

I have a NOMA thermostat (model 52-2558-8). After reaching the programmed temperature, the furnace stays on without shutting down (8 degrees before I manually shut it off). Is this a thermostat issue or a furnace problem?

Residential A/C temperature differential [ 1 Answers ]

I'd like to know how low a temperature one should expect of a properly operating forced air residential A/C system measured at an air register (relatively close to the blower/evaporator unit) after the temp has stabilized at it's lowest point (10 min in this case). Also, I understand 20 deg F is...

View more questions Search