Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bbcks1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2014, 12:49 PM
    No light switch! Convert light to touch or pull chain?
    We just bought a house and wanted to update the lighting. Previously there was a ceiling fan with a pull chain in the dining room so we replaced it with a chandelier not realizing that there was never a light switch we used the pull chain p. The fan to turn it on/off. Is there any way to convert the chandelier to a pull chain or touch light? Found touch light stuff but this chandelier uses light bulbs with the small base and has 5 bulbs.
    Thanks so much!
    Jen
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2014, 04:05 AM
    If you attempt to alter the listed design of the fixture you void the UL listing
    and may jeopardize your insurance coverage as a result. Why not just do it right and install a switch?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 28, 2014, 07:02 AM
    Just how old is this "new" home. Is there a wall switch in this room? Describe the wiring in the ceiling box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ever heard of a light pull chain switch like this? [ 4 Answers ]

I've changed out many pull chain switches but now live in japan.instead of wires this switch appears to be connected to a circuit board.any experience would be helpful.

Install a Pull Chain Switch on a Fluorescent Light [ 1 Answers ]

My fluorescent light fixture is hard wired. It does not plug in. I want to install a Pull Chain Switch. There is a black cord coming from the power supply that is split and connected to a black and white wire separately. Is this where I should put the connections to the Pull Chain Switch?

Connecting two wires from light kit pull chain switch 2 wire to light kit for fan [ 6 Answers ]

I would like advise on how to attach the two black wires on the light kit pull chain switch to the light kit on the ceiling fan. I see there are two unattached wires on the light kit, one is black and the other is white. Are these the correct wires to attach the pull chain to? If so, how do I...

My ceiling fan pull chain switch for the light [ 1 Answers ]

My chain broke off in the switch, it has an L 1 2 3 on the switch with 3 wires, #1 is a blue wire, #2 is a black wire and #3 is a red wire. I don't know what the numbers mean, unless it's a 3-way switch for 3-way bulbs, I don't care about the 3-way stuff, I just want off & on. Our local Wal Mart...

View more questions Search