Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GeorigaBlockRain Posts: 27, Reputation: -3

Apr 7, 2007, 03:00 AM
    Gain Weight
    Ok people I'm 19 and I weigh 120... I was worndering if there's Any quick way or what I need to do to gain weight... I would like to get to atleast145-150... How long would that take me?following the steps I need to take?
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Apr 7, 2007, 06:04 PM
    No, I don't think there's a quick, healthy way to gain weight.

You should exercise in order to increase your bone and muscle mass (weight lifting, for example), but you also need to increase your caloric intake. Choose foods that are high in calories. Eat more meals during the day.

Your goal shouldn't be to gain 20 pounds in one week. This is not a realistic goal. Your goal should be to gain 1 or 2 pounds per week.

Gaining weight is sometimes as difficult as losing weight. Good luck!
    iscorpio Posts: 124, Reputation: 17

Apr 7, 2007, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorigaBlockRain
    Ok people im 19 and i weigh 120...i was worndering if there's Any quick way or what i need to do to gain weight.....i would like to get to atleast145-150...How long would that take me?following the steps i need to take?
    You are only young, weight usually happens as you develop, suddenly you become a man/woman is what happens naturally. Take care, love and peace anne x
    X-stream87 Posts: 51, Reputation: 9

Apr 8, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Im just going to assume your male OK the best way to put on some healthy weight, is to firstly start working our lightly at frist if you are a beginner. Secondly go to your local GNC and buy "Quickmass" it is expensive but it does work it just takes some time nothing happens over night. Back in November I was 140 and now I am about 156 so it does take time.

Best of luck to you.
    GeorigaBlockRain Posts: 27, Reputation: -3

Apr 8, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Thanks... I hAVE ALREADY GAINED 3 pOUNDS SInce that post.. I have been eating a lot of penut butter a half a jar a night... u know along with some crackers and such... a friend of mine told me this is what his dad use to do when he was trying to gain weight and it worked for him... penut butter has a lot of calorie's... it looks like its working so far... thanks for the advice folks... and is this healthy or not I'm also working out?! and yes I am male!
    X-stream87 Posts: 51, Reputation: 9

Apr 9, 2007, 06:08 AM
    As long as you keep working out that's good because that will stop those calories from being just fat. Also make sure you do not just Peanut butter just because it is not good it always eat the same food. Anything with high protein will be good i.e. Tuna

Good luck.
    blossem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 06:25 PM
    Forget what those boms say you look great better than m e I'm only 80 pounds at the age of 15

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to gain weight [ 2 Answers ]

My son not eating solid anything only taking liquid what can I do

Weight gain [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, I just had my 6 month prenatal visit two days ago. I was a little surprised to hear my weight gain. Up until the 5th month I had only gained about 5-7 pounds. (started out at 120-125lbs)my fifth month I gained 6 pounds. And apparently this time I gained 9 pounds. I was shocked to have gained...

How to gain weight? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm about to turn 15 on December 22nd. I'm a male, 6 feet, 1 inch. I'm quite tall however I'm only 130 pounds. My parents both doctors don't have time to take me to a gym to work out plus they said that I'm too young to go to the gym. My mother carried me to a gym after I begged her about 2 months...

I need to gain weight [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 kids and I'm 5"tall and weight no more than 85 lbs.. I love food and I eat a lot.I'm not trying to lose weight cause I don't like to look skinny.. I can never gain weight and when I do I lose them after a while.. I've gain a lot of weight when I was pregnant but I lost it after I had the...

Weight gain [ 2 Answers ]

I am 22, height 155cm.50kg. I want to have expanded bones and more weight so that I will be looking like the person of correct age. Now I am looking like 15year boy. This makes me depression. Kindly give the suggestions and advice.

View more questions Search