Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peterbutzer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2014, 10:17 PM
    1991 corolla noise at cam gear side of valve cover, increases as car warms up
    High metallic noise. Used stethoscope. Not anything drive belt related. Loudest at far end of valve cover near cam gear. Made this noise for over a year/5k miles. Anyone out there have this noise?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2014, 05:08 AM
    Camshafts are the last on the oil train and, usually, the first to go when lubrication fails. The engine may be sludged-up. If you think that's the case, try Auto-RX or start using full-synthetic Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30. Shell claims it will remove 66% of the sludge in an engine, after using it once. If this doesn't help, remove the valve cover and check things out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2.4 L sunfire/cavalier cam cover removal? Or valve cover?how do I get them off? [ 6 Answers ]

I actually googled the answer to this question... and found it here on this site... but its NOT WORKING FOR ME!. SO PLEASE HELP!. here is the problem... I have a 2.4 L sunfire same as the 2.4 L cavalier.. its a twin cam... it has cam covers.. (not really valve covers I guess)... that have 10 bolts...

1991 honda accord s light stays on car doesn't want to shift to 2nd gear [ 0 Answers ]

1991 Honda accord ex s light stays on car does not want to shift into second gear.

1991 Toyota Corolla Noise [ 6 Answers ]

My 1991 manual (5 spd) transmission Corolla is making a high pitched squeal when in gear and under torque (like going up a hill). I have the clutch replaced about two years ago. The car has 298000 miles (hoping to make 300000). There has been a lot of fluid leaking from the car lately. Is this...

My 1991 toyota carolla is leaking transmission fluid and thr car won't go into gear [ 2 Answers ]

My car is leaking trasmission fluild and won't go into drive .what is wrong with the car

View more questions Search