Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Awesomeness616 Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2014, 04:06 PM
    There's a little kid annoying me
    Every day I come with my mom to work and there are 2 boys that also come to work with their mom at the store next to mine. They always come and mess my things up. They delete my apps off my iPad, smash the cookies I get from subway, steal my phone, and just annoy me. One is 5 and tries to be like me and when I play minecraft pe he joins my world and sets things on fire. The other one who is 10 is also very annoying and is the biggest loser I have ever met. He copies what I say, does stupid things, talks in some made up language that I hate, and deletes my apps. I was playing pokemon earlier today and was about to beat the champion but he took out the game card before I could win and I had to redo it. I also bought the power saves cheating device for 30$ but when I brought it to work to use it he spilled pop on the cord and broke it. I want to tell them to leave but they ignore me. I try to hide in my office in the back of the store but my mom likes them and let's them in the back. She doesn't let me kick them out so I don't know what to do. Please help before they do anymore damage
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 26, 2014, 04:21 PM
    How old are you? You have an office, you mentioned going to your office in the back, so you must be of working age, yet all you do all day at work is play games like minecraft and pokemon?

Are you a child, like these children, or do you actually work at your moms workplace? If so, do you get paid to play games all day?

If they're on your property, and you're an adult, then ask them to leave. If you're not an adult and mom doesn't want them kicked out, then maybe stay home instead of going to work with your mom, if you're old enough to stay home by yourself.

If you can't stay home by yourself, leave your games at home so they can't wreck them, and actually spend time pitching in. There's tons you can do. You can sweep the floors, you can clean "your" office, you can clean the toilets, or you can even ask the mother of these 2 boys if she'd like you to babysit for them. No need to sit on your butt all day doing nothing useful.

But hey, cheer up, school starts next week for most kids, so you won't have to go to the office with mom for much longer. :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 27, 2014, 04:34 AM
    I know you are 12, and younger kids can be an annoying distraction, but I think it's a temporary thing to endure for a while as you protect your stuff from this rambunctious brood. Who is supposed to supervise these kids, and what kind of shop is this that little kids are there everyday all day? When does school start?

If you can't beat 'em join 'em and put your stuff away and give them something more age appropriate to do. I suspect that you are expected to be the unofficial babysitter so embrace it. After all you were them not that long ago.

Beats being frustrated and your stuff broken.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 27, 2014, 04:38 PM
    Instead of playing your games at work, and having these kids destroy your property, leave your property at home.

Bring a book, read, ignore them.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Aug 27, 2014, 05:23 PM
    Something seems to be missing. Their mother works in the store next door to your mother's workplace. Why are they in the same place you are? Have you talked with your mother about the situation?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 27, 2014, 06:02 PM
    I'd walk over to their mother's store and complain. Whatever their ages, she should be watching her children. If she believes you are babysitting them, come up with an agreed upon rate with her, and start getting paid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My kid is in GATE but its still not challenging enough. Where can I get my kid tested [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is jennifer, My child is in fifth grade, and is in the GATE program. But its not challenging enough for him. He is always complaining that the other students never understand him, and he wants to learn college assignments instead. Please please help me. I don't know what to do or where...

What should I do about an annoying kid! [ 3 Answers ]

Heyy everybody. My names mitch and I just need some advice. I'm a senior in high school this year and there's this sophomore named evan who ALWAYS pisses me off. The funny thing is evan is going through puberty NOW which is extremely late. His voice cracks all the time and people do horrible things...

Girlfriend wants to take my kid to Ohio and leave ? How can I keep custidy of my kid [ 13 Answers ]

I live in Florida and my girlfriend keeps threatening to take our son and leave me to go back to Ohio. How can I stop her from taking my child out of state? What are my rights?

Movie about a kid in a can, an instant kid. [ 2 Answers ]

This was a family movie. I don't remember it very well, but there was this child, maybe a robot child and the woman opened up a can and there he was. It was not animated. I remember liking it and thought my kids would like it. Anybody know what it is?

View more questions Search