Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    claudia julsing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2014, 12:54 PM
    Bidding a job?
    How much should I charge to roll paint a house with one part two story?and the other half single story?That is 1,244 square ft.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 26, 2014, 07:06 PM
    What type of service ?

Is house going to be cleaned prior to painting ?

What about trim work ?

Do you have equipment for 2nd story work ? Or will you be using ladders ? Do you have large enough ladders for the work ?

Are they wanting a one price to paint house ? Or is it a price by the hour ?

How many coats will you be applying ?
    Is it same color or a new color ?

Where is this at ?

I used to hire illegal workers to paint some of my rental houses ( all one story) and paid them 200 to paint the house. My main home, I paid about 1500 to get it painted by professionals.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 29, 2014, 06:41 AM
    Sorry Claudia, but if you need to ask that question then you have no business bidding this job! If you want to set an hourly rate, get insurance for the job and do the job that way you may be OK, but bidding a job like this requires lots of experience and even then professionals misbid frequently and end up working for much less than they should have.

Good luck!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bidding a painting job [ 2 Answers ]

The going rate for painting walls and doing the wood work too per square foot

Bidding for a job [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I'm Dee and is starting a cleaning office business, my thing is this, I'm a naturally shy person but I know that this what I want to do and have a passion for (having my own business) how do I ask for the job in some many words.

Bidding on a Job [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Sheila I'm the owner of Express Cleaning Services and I have a question I'm trying to bid on a job that is a new construction with a Hotel and they need some one to come in a clean before they put any funiture in the rooms , etc. They gave me the sq footage on this project and I...

Bidding on a paint job [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can anyone tell me a guideline to use when bidding on a paint job for a home

Bidding on a job [ 2 Answers ]

Hello... my name is Dan and I've just recently decided on going into business for myself. I've decided that commercial pressure washing is what I want to do but I'm not sure how to bid on the job. Is there a certain formula to use concerning the amount of money to charge?

View more questions Search