Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dennymaas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2014, 07:49 AM
    Mushy asphalt driveway
    My new asphalt driveway sinks in from the tires on my SUV leaving large deep tire impressions. They heated and rerolled the spots but it continues to sink under weight in other areas. It looks like tare and sand instead of aggregate. What's the real problem - bad cheap mixture, application?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 26, 2014, 07:53 AM
    Improper preparation of the soil underneath the asphalt. If the ground is soft, the asphalt will sink with weight.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2014, 07:59 AM
    You got screwed by the contractor. Hope it wasn't someone that just knocked on your door. As was pointed out... it needs a solid base of compacted gravel. And if its one of the popular gypsy cams... it might not be much more than sand gavel tar and old oil.

I'd report them if they won't answer calls to make it right. Doing shoddy work without a liscense in many jurisdictions can result in jail time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asphalt Driveway [ 1 Answers ]

How much weight will a residential asphalt drive support? Can it handle a redi mix concrete truck?

Asphalt driveway [ 9 Answers ]

I recently (45 days ago) had my driveway paved. Now there is a lot of grass growing up in the driveway, not along the edges but up in the middle of the driveway. How can I kill it. I have tried roundup and it makes the asphalt slimy but does not kill the grass. My $16000 driveway is starting to...

New asphalt driveway? [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, I just had my drive paved last week and while washing my car, noticed that some of the Water seemed to soak into the surface while some ran off. Is this normal?

New asphalt driveway [ 6 Answers ]

I just had a new asphalt driveway installed yesterday. How lond do I need to wait before I should drive on it? Thanks

Should I resurface my asphalt driveway or get a complete new asphalt driveway [ 3 Answers ]

My asphalt driveway looks so bad that my insurance company has considered it a serious hazard. Do I resurface the existing driveway. I have a contractor telling me that he would level the existing driveway and place a 2 inch top coat of asphalt on top. Will a resurface last just as long as a...

View more questions Search