Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anastasia Kent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2014, 11:38 AM
    Help title not filed
    My mother bought 2 mobile homes in 2012/2013.. then took off for Guatemala and handed me these mobile homes to deal with.. here we are 2014 and I am trying to sell the mobile homes.. I was under the assumption that when she bought them she signed them over to her name.. now I'm seeing the title and noticed that it's still in the name of stl mobile homes and the gentleman she bought it from signed and dated the titles. . but she did not.. how do I sell these mobile homes? What do I do with these titles?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 25, 2014, 12:31 PM
    You would take the titles in to the DMV and file them. Then the DMV would issue new titles to your mother. You will need a power of attorney from your mother to sell them. Since she is in a foreign country, this POA should be signed before someone who is certified as an official authorized to administer oaths (i.e.: a notary). You will probably also need an apostille (a certification that the person who witnesses them is the Guatemalan equivalent of a notary public).
    Anastasia Kent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2014, 01:32 PM
    Title years old?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia Kent View Post
    My mother bought 2 mobile homes in 2012/2013.. then took off for Guatemala and handed me these mobile homes to deal with.. here we are 2014 and I am trying to sell the mobile homes.. I was under the assumption that when she bought them she signed them over to her name.. now I'm seeing the title and noticed that it's still in the name of stl mobile homes and the gentleman she bought it from signed and dated the titles. . but she did not.. how do I sell these mobile homes? What do I do with these titles?
    What will happen with the dmv as far as fines and stuff.. she bought the mobile homes 2 years ago and we are just now switching it to her name ? Or can we sell without transferring the titles to her name?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 25, 2014, 01:38 PM
    There should be no fines, for not registering title. And no, the seller must sign over the title and the seller must have title.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I filed jointly and wife filed separate last year. Now problems with IRS. [ 3 Answers ]

Last year I filed jointly not meaning to because only reported my income. Than my wife filed separate a few months later. This year we found this out while trying to file electronically and wouldn't let us. We need to file amendment now and I wanted fix mine because I should have done separate. But...

Title never filed on rental property purchased decades ago -- quiet title action? [ 3 Answers ]

My father owns rental property which he is trying to sell. He has owned it for years (decades). He had a buyer and during the transaction learned that his real estate attorney (long since deceased) never filed the deed/title. He no longer has the paperwork from that transaction. Does he need to...

Does slander of title action need les pendes filed ca law [ 3 Answers ]

Does a les pendes need to be filed when a slander of title action is filed

Wrong Tax form filed by f-1 student. Filed 1040 instead of 1040NR. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am in a dilemma and I will really appreciate your help. I am a student/f-1 visa holder (non-resident alien). Last week I used an online website (File my taxes for FREE! with FreeTaxUSA) to file tax returns and realized that the website used Form 1040, and PA-40 - 2007 (for...

Mobile Home Title Never filed [ 2 Answers ]

I owned a mobile home here in Iowa and my husband and I bought a house in a neighboring town. The trailer court manager's daughter's boyfriend at the time bought it from me. I signed the title to him, he stated he would file it in a few days and off we went. A week or so later, he changed his...

View more questions Search