Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chaserracer83 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2014, 08:40 PM
    Replace 8 wire thermostat with Nest thermostat
    Hello,

I am trying to replace my existing thermostat with a Nest Learning Thermostat. My existing thermostat is part of a smart home system and has a bunch of wires. I am not interested in keeping the smart home features; I just want the AC unit to work with the new thermostat. Can anyone tell me which wires I should use from the old thermostat and where to put them on the new one?

Old thermostat:
    Label - Wire Color
    R - Red
    G - Green
    O - Orange
    B - Black
    C - Blue
    Y - Yellow
    W2 - White
    There is also a brown wire that goes off to the side and attaches to an unlabeled connection.

New Thermostat:
    Y1
    Y2
    G
    OB
    Rc
    W1
    W2/Aux
    C
    Rh

Thank you for your help.
    Chase
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Aug 25, 2014, 05:49 AM
    What is the model number of the old stat?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I replace 4 wire thermostat with a 2 wire thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

On my wall I have a 4 wire thermostat, the wires are black and red, I have purchased a new thermostat and it has only two wires which are also black and white. I was woundering if someone could tell me if it can be changed or if I need to purchase a 4 wire thermostat. Thanks

2 wire heat thermostat and 2 wire air thermostat want to wire to a programmable [ 1 Answers ]

2 wire heat thermostat and 2 wire air thermostat want to wire both to a programmable thermostat, need wiring information

Replace 3 wire electric baseboard thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

I have 240V electric baseboard heaters and am trying to replace the thermostat. I removed the current thermostat (singer, unknown model) from the wall and found it is connected with 3 wires, all of which are red. 2 go to the terminals of the thermostat. The third red wire is connected via a wire...

Replace an old 2-wire thermostat-- wires are both red & not lettered [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace an old Hotpoint 2-wire t-stat with a Honeywell digital t-stat. The wires are both red and there no letters anywhere, either on the wires or the unit. One of the wires does have a dark brown or black insulation/casing. How best to do this? Or isd it not meant to be, given...

How do I replace a 3-wire thermostat with a 4-wire thermostat? [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a Honeywell thermostat with four wires and our current Mears model has 3 wires colored black, red, and white. The wires on the Honeywell model are 2 red and 2 black. How, if possible, can we use this thermostat with the current wiring?

View more questions Search