Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShellyAnderson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2014, 10:52 AM
    Brassy Brown Hair, Help?
    I've got a brass situation but not the same as everyone else's apparently. My natural hair color (minus the gray) is a medium ash brown. I am getting very gray around my face and down my part on the top. I've been coloring it the medium ash brown color for a while now to cover the gray (at the salon, not myself). Sometimes it turns out great but sometimes it lightens quickly to an ugly warm, brassy looking brown. This is especially true where my hair is gray which is the worst places to have it look brassy. I love an ash tone and my natural hair is ash tones. I HATE brassy! I recently had some blond highlights put in and colored the rest my normal ash brown color. My hair lady toned it after so the blond wouldn't look brassy. The blond looked fine but the brown was really light and brassy! I asked her about it and she said the contrast to the blond makes the brown look lighter and brassy. However, the hair on bottom and underneath is the nice medium ash brown and the nice highlight, no contrast issue there. I just had it done again because my roots were growing out gray, she toned it again, and I again have the nice color blond highlights but the brown (especially on top) is brassy looking. How do I fix this and what process should I go through next time so I know when my roots are showing again in 4 weeks? THANK YOU!!
    heatheryeakey Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2014, 03:13 PM
    I think you are going to have the same problem as your hair keeps growing I would just keep doing a root touch up or you could do a color ops or a stripper and re color the whole thing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleached brassy hair toned still brassy [ 2 Answers ]

I originally had ombré hair and decided to have one color. I bleached my whole hair but parts are yellow, mostly top, and middle is brassy. I tried to stay away from the roots but some turned out more yellow. I then toned my hair to remove brassiness and helped reduce the brassiness but not enough....

Bleached hair, turned orange/brassy, want to go back to dark brown asap. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so I have pretty dark hair but not that dark, ( it has some red hue to it from the sun ) but I recently bleached 2 large sections of hair on each side of my head. I have already bleached it twice and ran out of bleach at the end because I have so much hair.. Anyway I'm left with pretty much...

I had my hair coloured brown at a salon and now its faded to a brassy colour? [ 4 Answers ]

Liliana Jean DiBonaventura | Facebook

Colouring white hair brown without going green or brassy [ 2 Answers ]

I have a client with very white hair. How can I colour her hair to a smokey colour or a brown colour without turning it green or brassy?

My Hair turned from brown to brassy red! HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!. my hair turned from dark medium brown to shiny red!. ok here is what happened I wanted my hair a little lighter like light to dark brown so my girlfriend told me to get Born Blonde hair lightner, and it turned my hair BRIGHT ORANGE, so then I put the toner on it which was (dark blonde).. the...

View more questions Search