Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adamsmigielski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2014, 06:22 PM
    Isolators
    When rescuing a victim that is connected to a low voltage electrical apparatus should I open the isolator before I put on insulated gloves, or should I put on insulated gloves before I open the isolator? That is, is there ever a chance that the isolator may be electrified?

Thank you for your help with this.
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2014, 04:15 AM
    Until you are are sure of this answer stay away from electricity. You can't help anyone while guessing.
    If you are a first responder or involved with the Fire Co. or Rescue there are many good programs and classed that deal with how to approach these situations safely.
    Please don't trust what you read on the internet...
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2014, 05:16 AM
    I agree with hfcarson... when there are meany cases where if you don't know the dangers and how to dal with them via specialized training AND the right equipment... you are best off for everyone not interviening because you might easily become the second victim. And not just electrical hazzards. Those of us that work in certain industries have extensive training for the risks and procedures that have to be retaken annually. And there are many invisible risks other than electricity.

And certainly first responders, police and emergency services will be put through all of that training as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search