Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimrainey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2014, 10:22 AM
    Ceiling fan pull chain switch
    My ceiling fan pull chain switch has 2 black, 1 each of grey, brown and purple. Wires in fan unit got mixed up. The fan has 1 black, 2 grey, and 1 brown and purple. I tried matching all colors and that did not work. How do I connect the extra black and grey wires?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 21, 2014, 05:01 PM
    Brand and model would help. You can usually gooogle the brands website and download a manual with wiring directions and/of diagrams.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan pull chain switch with 6 wires [ 3 Answers ]

Our ceiling fan switch clicks but the fan does not go on. When I opened the housing, I saw that there was 6 wires, 2 of which were white. One of the white wire was not connected, it could have caused the fan to stop working (?). I do not know where this white wire should be connected to as all...

How do I reconnect the pull chain in my ceiling fan switch? [ 1 Answers ]

My ceiling fan pull chain broke off inside the switch. It's a Well Tec switch, model e116997. I have my fan motor housing open and I have identified the Well Tec switch... but I can't figure out how to get the remaining brass balls (I think there are 2-3) out, and get the remaining pull chain...

Pull chain switch on ceiling fan w/light [ 1 Answers ]

At one time a manufacturer made a helper lever to turn on a light on this kind of light but cannot seem to find it. It fitted right on the switch with an extension so it could be pulled on and would retract into the swith with out hanging up. Anyone lknow of this ltype of helper?

View more questions Search