Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ACDC2014 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2014, 02:13 AM
    Our fan light comes on whenever it wants to
    We just installed our ceiling fan on Sunday. Everything works great except that the light comes on by itself, randomly. Is this a setting on the remote or is it a wiring issue?
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2014, 02:49 AM
    Hi acdc and welcome, to eliminate the remote just remove the batteries and see if the light behaves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a hunter ceiling fan & light control to operate my fan w/light [ 3 Answers ]

I just replace my kitchen light with a new ceiling fan w/light. I now was going to try to install my hunter ceiling fan & light control switch. The switch has a black, blue and red wire w/green ground. The wall outlet has a black, red and white wire with ground. I just wasn't sure which wires...

Wiring bathroom fan/light to separate light/fan switches [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to have my bathroom light/fan operate separately, with one switch operating the light and the other operating the fan. The power coming from the switches is 6 wires (2 black, 2 white,1 red and ground). The wire coming from the light/fan is 4 wire (black, white, red, and ground). I have...

Hampton breeze fan with light - light comes on after fan (about 1 sec delay) [ 3 Answers ]

The fan/light is controlled by two 3 way switches (which I checked for loose connections and were fine) the light comes on a little over a second after the fan (which comes on immediately after hitting the switch). Is there any reason for this delay? I have checked an rechecked all of my...

How to install a ceiling fan with a light and switch controlling the light and fan [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I've read so many posts, but can't figure this out. (don't laugh) At the switch: The wiring from the wall has RED, BLACK, and GROUND (bare). The switch is a dimmer for both the fan and light. Wires are BLUE, RED, and BLACK. SO, how do I hook this up? At the fan: The wiring from...

Installing a light kit on a ceiling fan where a switch enables both fan and light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with three wires emerging from the top: white, black, red, and green. Presently the white, black, and green are hooked up to a switch and the fan works fine. The red is capped. The fan also has a chain which I intend on keeping on the medium setting indefinitely. ...

View more questions Search