Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2014, 10:02 PM
    Concrete ramp form
    I'm building a small concrete ramp between a center block wall and the house but not sure how to build the forms for the slope.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2014, 05:23 AM
    Plywook, planks and 2X4's held together with screws is a good start (to make it easier to reove from the soft still curing concrete). COncrete is VERY heavy so the forms need to be firm and strong. The Form is usually pained with clean oil to serve as a mold release.

YOu can google making concrete forms as pictures are woth a thousand words.

But building the forms is the easy part....do you know anything about working with concrete? Propperly screeding and floating it is key to a lasting and attractive job...and takes a lot of practice. Something you won't have a lot of time with before the concrete starts setting up on you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2014, 05:41 AM
    Yes, it is not as easy as just pouring concrete into the form,

But yes, plywood forms are the norm
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2014, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Plywook, planks and 2X4's held together with screws is a good start (to make it easier to reove from the soft still curing concrete). COncrete is VERY heavy so the forms need to be firm and strong. The Form is usually pained with clean oil to serve as a mold release.

YOu can google making concrete forms as pictures are woth a thousand words.

But building the forms is the easy part....do you know anything about working with concrete? Propperly screeding and floating it is key to a lasting and attractive job...and takes a lot of practice. Something you won't have a lot of time with before the concrete starts setting up on you.
    Thanks for the info and I've poured concrete slabs just have not done any ramp or ramp forms
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2014, 09:42 AM
    On the sides of the form you will want to pound in a lot of stakes to prevent it spreading as its going to try to do. Just like you would on slabs,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ramp With Friction [ 0 Answers ]

When mass M is at the position shown, it is sliding down the inclined part of a slide at a speed of 2.41 m/s. The mass stops a distance S2 = 2.1 m along the level part of the slide. The distance S1 = 1.24 m and the angle θ = 33.70°. Calculate the coefficient of kinetic friction for the mass on...

Sliding up a ramp [ 1 Answers ]

A frictionless track is to be built as shown, with L= 4.7 m and H= 4.6 m. In order to get the cart to slide from the top to the end of the track in the minimum time, how long should the distance D be? Assume that the speed of the cart on the horizontal surface is the same as at the bottom of the...

Sliding up a ramp [ 5 Answers ]

A frictionless track is to be built as shown, with L= 4.6 m and H= 3.9 m. In order to get the cart to slide from the top to the end of the track in the minimum time, how long should the distance D be? Assume that the speed of the cart on the horizontal surface is the same as at the bottom of the...

Forming concrete steps.form prep [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all - I am in the midst of a home improvement project, and one of my tasks is to build stars (2 treads) from my garage into my mud room. I want to make the stairs out of cement. I will be making the form from plywood and 2x4s, and then pouring the cement into the form. Once the concrete...

View more questions Search